No Frills low cost pressure fermenting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am waiting too, last time I asked they were waiting for the boxes, if you are a pick up you don't really need a box, maybe ask someone there.
I just phoned and was told they are still a few weeks off, as they need more than just the boxes, still waiting on some other parts for them.

Hole in the side????
It has a plastic boss on the neck, must be for commercial use. It could have been fixed by putting a bung on the inside but they want it done properly and professionally, which is fair enough.
I just reckon if you are going to serve from it it could have come in handy for a PRV and gauge.

So are these units just these 20L kegs, with modifications to the lid?

http://www.oxebar.com.au/kegasaurus/index.php/20l-kegasaurus

I wonder how well the PET will handle the far more physically demanding nature of a keg - ie being dropped, rolled around, etc. I've known PET to crack from point impact pretty easily, albeit with presumably thinner plastic.

Time will tell I suppose, and for the cost it's probably a risk worth taking.

@CEO Keg King do you know if these will be exported to NZ eventually?

Sorry but I am still overseas. If on the website then they should be available. Be quick as I think they will sell out until we get more lids coming in.
They are on your website but not marked as available.

So are these units just these 20L kegs, with modifications to the lid?

http://www.oxebar.com.au/kegasaurus/index.php/20l-kegasaurus

I wonder how well the PET will handle the far more physically demanding nature of a keg - ie being dropped, rolled around, etc. I've known PET to crack from point impact pretty easily, albeit with presumably thinner plastic.

Time will tell I suppose, and for the cost it's probably a risk worth taking.

@CEO Keg King do you know if these will be exported to NZ eventually?

As a keg they are aimed to help craft brewers sell their beer further afield. There are a lot of them used each year. Obviously they are tested to make sure that they are safe, I imagine they will be exported to NZ.

Had a look at it again today and am very confident I can put a gas disconnect on the neck of the keg. I think it will come in handy using it to both ferment and serve straight from.
Normally a tight fitting silicone bung is fitted to the inside.

Normally a tight fitting silicone bung is fitted to the inside.
Junior hacksaw, gas post, washer on the outside with silicone washer, nut on the inside gas post to take adjustable PRV.
Aren't there already two disconnects in the lid?
Yes two posts on the lid. as mentioned bung on the inside is another option.

Junior hacksaw, gas post, washer on the outside with silicone washer, nut on the inside gas post to take adjustable PRV.

Yes two posts on the lid. as mentioned bung on the inside is another option.
Sorry if I'm missing something, but why do you want three gas/liquid posts?

2 gas one liquid, one with the gauge, one for gas in, and liquid to serve from picnic tap. Maybe I may be missing something, though it sounds right.:) Would welcome any thoughts from another angle.
Mmm, still not sure but that's OK :p I'm not sure why you'd need a gauge attached at the same time as the gas in line? If you're naturally carbing then gauge and spunding valve would go on a gas post, then once ferment is complete switch it for the gas in line? Unless you're trying to get a pressure reading downstream of pressure drops across gas check valves? Sorry not trying to be a pain, just curious and trying to understand your use case.

Latest posts

Back