Nickb's Nanango Brew Day - 19th June

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atta Bloke NickB maned up and doing a brew with half a dozen pissed (so called) experts to tell how you should be doing it ;) Sounds like fun!

We all know you're THE expert when it comes to brewing theory.... :ph34r:

Who is actually brewing on the day?
Das

I don't think so !

pushmepullyou.jpg

But Pete and I will be there to offer our criticism where ever we can.

Batz

More than welcome to bring gear. Have a carport you could use if you want to brew on the ute, or you can haul it down near mine.

Either way is cool!

Tossing up a few ideas for recipes - was thinking of maybe an Irish Red, an English Bitter, and IPA, or a version of Ross' Imperial Mild Hop Monster (1.5%)...

Planning at least one batch on the day, likely two if things go well. If anyone wants to chip in ingredients etc and can bring a cube, we can make them doubles....

Cheers

I'm up for an Irish Red, or English Bitter.... Have a fresh bag of BB ale malt, and a still un-opened bag of pils malt (picked it up yesterday)......

There is nothing better than a running commentary by pissed mates on how your brew is going at a brew day hey DKS, Geoff T, Winkle and Gavo <_< . And BTW it was a strategic move to have a so called harder than normal brew then end up with a higher gravity and lower volume. And there was no plastisizer effect either Gavo :lol: Bastards..................

There is nothing better than a running commentary by pissed mates on how your brew is going at a brew day hey DKS, Geoff T, Winkle and Gavo <_< . And BTW it was a strategic move to have a so called harder than normal brew then end up with a higher gravity and lower volume. And there was no plastisizer effect either Gavo :lol: Bastards..................

Doesn't that just add to the fun of it? The Aussie way. Poke fun at a bloke having a go when your on the sideline.
I'll have a go anyway.I'll be bringing and hoisting my Aussie flag as well, this is AHB after all.
Daz

:lol: Gold!

I thought it was cold today and this prompted me to have a look at Nanango's weather, after all we are sleeping outside.

Tonight...2C
Tomorrow...18C...Still cold!

I know it won't deter the local Nanango girls but !

nango.jpg

You need an old 44 Nick, we can have a fire bucket, I've stood around plenty of those while working in the bush.

Batz
.....getting excited now

Would LOVE a fire, but don't know if it'll be possible. Best just warm up with alcohol I suppose.....

And yeah, we were the coldest in the state a couple nights ago, 1C and foggy as hell. Was bloody freezing in the wind last night!

It's getting close now! Will be PMing everyone the details this weekend. Was thinking of a double batch of THIS as our brew for the day, what you think Thomas? I'd sub the MO for BB Ale though, as I have a fair bit of that too. What do you have in the way of hops mate? I have some, but we may need to sub as I'll be out of EKG if I need to use that much!

Cheers

Well you obviosly wern't drinking enough that day were you if you can remember all that. By the way, it was all supportive constructive critisism.

Gavo.

And I stand by my suggestion the what-you-may-call-it that attached to the thingy would have worked betterer turned arse-about. :icon_cheers:

Would LOVE a fire, but don't know if it'll be possible. Best just warm up with alcohol I suppose.....

And yeah, we were the coldest in the state a couple nights ago, 1C and foggy as hell. Was bloody freezing in the wind last night!

It's getting close now! Will be PMing everyone the details this weekend. Was thinking of a double batch of THIS as our brew for the day, what you think Thomas? I'd sub the MO for BB Ale though, as I have a fair bit of that too. What do you have in the way of hops mate? I have some, but we may need to sub as I'll be out of EKG if I need to use that much!

Cheers

I got heaps of Amarillo (AA 8.5%), Hallertauer M (AA 3.8%) and C Sazz (AA 4.0%) all are 2009. I really should get some more EKG as I ran out last weekend, if you want I can get enough to do this one as is and some for my freezer too.

I'll bring some "fire water" too if it's going to be that cold! White rum or psudo scotch?

Hmmm,

I'll see what I have in the way of High Alpha UK hops (pretty sure I have some Target and Challenger), and we can sub that for bittering, and move the EKG to 30mins, and maybe a cube hop as well, perhaps even a dry hop with another variety...

Otherwise, if you want to go an AIPA or something I'm sure we could work it out. Nothing like a shit-load of US hops ;) I'm open to suggestions! We could always do another Lite Rice Lager with the Hallertau M...

No Fire-Water for me, thanks....

Cheers!

Go the Fire Water Chapstick!!!

fire%20water.jpg

Back