Nickb's Nanango Brew Day - 19th June

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Want me to do something non vindaloo? I do a good chilli, sorry I cant do anything that's not spicy.

Batz

Doesn't worry me mate, but just thought 2 x curries may need a non-spicy option to go along with it!

Cheers

Just a quick food update, Thanks Pete!

The 'Definites'
1 -- NickB Food: 30,000kg of snags and bread for them to live in, potato salad, maybe mini pizzas.
2 -- TidalPete Food: Hash Browns & Bread
3 -- Thomas J. Food?
4 -- Batz plus a party keg Food: Vindaloo Curry. I'll bring it in my crock pot for easy warm up, oh and rice as well. (plastic bowls and forks for the above too)
5 -- Bonj Food:?
6- Scoundrelrogue soft and not coming
7. Chappo - Beery stuff Food: Goat Vindaloo plus 2 x Doz eggs
8. -- DKS - Mixed bag-O-beers or keg of Bitter Food:?

The 'Maybes'
1. Troydo (C'mon slacker, it'll be your big send off!)
2. Winkle (+ Anna?)

OK, so this is how we currently stand. Food wise, we'll be fine for lunch (snags on the BBQ, onions). Pete is bringing some bread. Lunch sorted.

Dinner is looking OK - we have Batz's Vindaloo, Chappo's Vindaloo both with rice, I'll do some oven roasted potatoes & maybe some mini pizzas. We will probably need something else non-curry as well, can use the BBQ etc if needed.

Breakfast we have Chappo's Eggs, and TB bringing Hashies. Will need some Bacon, OJ and maybe some coffee for those who drink it.

More updates as they come to hand :)

Cheers

I can either bring one of the things from the list of necessaries, or something to munch on during the day. Any preferences?

Don't mind either way! Will need some more brekky stuff though, and possibly something non-curry for dinner.

Cheers

Don't mind either way! Will need some more brekky stuff though, and possibly something non-curry for dinner.

Cheers

I'll know by mid-week if I/we are able to make it - I'll be happy to bring along what ever is still required.

Just a quick food update, Thanks Pete!

The 'Definites'
1 -- NickB Food: 30,000kg of snags and bread for them to live in, potato salad, maybe mini pizzas.
3 -- Thomas J. Food?
4 -- Batz plus a party keg Food: Vindaloo Curry. I'll bring it in my crock pot for easy warm up, oh and rice as well. (plastic bowls and forks for the above too)

The 'Maybes'
2. Winkle (+ Anna?)

OK, so this is how we currently stand. Food wise, we'll be fine for lunch (snags on the BBQ, onions). Pete is bringing some bread. Lunch sorted.

Dinner is looking OK - we have Batz's Vindaloo, Chappo's Vindaloo both with rice, I'll do some oven roasted potatoes & maybe some mini pizzas. We will probably need something else non-curry as well, can use the BBQ etc if needed.

Breakfast we have Chappo's Eggs, and TB bringing Hashies. Will need some Bacon, OJ and maybe some coffee for those who drink it.

More updates as they come to hand :)

Cheers

Just a quick food update.....

The 'Definites'
3 -- Thomas J. Keg-o-Sporter and either more eggs or a kg or two of bacon.

The 'Maybes'
2. Winkle (+ Anna?)

Thanks mate! Reckon Bacon would be higher on the list than more eggs :)

Just a quick food update.....

The 'Definites'
3 -- Thomas J. Keg-o-Sporter and either more eggs or a kg or two of bacon.
8. -- DKS - Mixed bag-O-beers or keg of Bitter. Food: Tea, coffee, sugar milk etc

The 'Maybes'
2. Winkle (+ Anna?)

Daz

Thanks mate! Reckon Bacon would be higher on the list than more eggs :)

Bacon it is then.

Wish I could bring the coffee machine, but the rest of the clan would have the hissy fit to end all hissies if I took the twin head espresso machine with me......

Its times like this I'm glad I don't drink coffee. Way too many politics for me.... :p

Its times like this I'm glad I don't drink coffee. Way too many politics for me.... :p

I discovered that I couldn't beat them, so I joined the espresso party. Too bad the electoral commission won't talk to us, they reckon we're just too jittery for the county's good. LOL

You should bring your sister along Thomas, I'm sure Pete would really appreciate it.... :ph34r:

Dirty%20Old%20Man.gif

Who is actually brewing on the day? or Is anybody actually brewing on the day?
Thought I might try doing one off the back of the old ute. Like those coffee vans you see around town but more Beverly Hillbillies style.
Daz

You should bring your sister along Thomas, I'm sure Pete would really appreciate it.... :ph34r:

Dirty%20Old%20Man.gif

Unfortunately (or is that fortunately?) she is babysitting "the" nephew that weekend and at my place of all places (seeing as I won't let her take the kegerator home this might be a contributing factor) too. Good thing she doesn't yet know how to switch kegs so she will just have to live with the dregs in the ones that will be hooked up at the time! MWAHAAAAA.

Edit: gramna.

Who is actually brewing on the day? or Is anybody actually brewing on the day?
Thought I might try doing one off the back of the old ute. Like those coffee vans you see around town but more Beverly Hillbillies style.
Daz

Had thought about bringing the kettle (gas) and MT and a couple of cubes, but I can't pry the ute keys out of me Dad's hands as he has "plans" that weekend (they involve a fishing rod or four and some crab pots), I could bring some cracked grain, hops and a cube and piggy back of off someone else's gear it that is allowed though.....

More than welcome to bring gear. Have a carport you could use if you want to brew on the ute, or you can haul it down near mine.

Either way is cool!

Tossing up a few ideas for recipes - was thinking of maybe an Irish Red, an English Bitter, and IPA, or a version of Ross' Imperial Mild Hop Monster (1.5%)...

Planning at least one batch on the day, likely two if things go well. If anyone wants to chip in ingredients etc and can bring a cube, we can make them doubles....

Cheers

So you are brewing Nick?
You don't have to you know, you could just have one or two beers and discuss techniques, processes and technical stuff to make it sound a legit excuse to invite drunken rebel rouses to destroy your cred.

I might just bring my stuff and decide on the day. These guys are probably more fun than the proverbial barrel of monkeys. Brewing might be to serious or too hard on the day. :p
Daz

Bugger it, I'm definitely brewing!!! Might kick the first batch off at 6 or 7 am, and then the second after lunch :)

It's more fun getting pissed and screwing up recipes anyway, plus I have to justify the thing to SWMBO ;)

Cheers

Back