Next new S/S fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SJW said:
The olive oil drum turned up. Very very nice bit if kit. Love the tap, well worth $30. Anyway I added some computer fans to the fridge and the temp drops so much faster than in plastic. I also just use cling wrap snd drop the temp probe in to monitor temp. Good buy for $192.50 delivered to Newcastle from Mel.
I also added a photo of my keg setup.
Lots of Braumeister how to brew videos on YouTube user name : BigTed ManShed
Looks nice!

What's the over all height?

Thanks for the pics SJW. I have been awaiting your response & nice kegging setup BTW. :)
Would appreciate knowing the height & dia of that AGInox drum if you don't mind? It is an AGInox isn't it?
Also, would like to know what thread that ss tap has if that's at all possible?

It sure looks nice!

Edit --- Beaten by Batz.

Thanks guys. Yes it is AGinox. It's 330mm diameter and 340mm high o/a. The thread is a std typ because the fella at Winequip was saying they can supply a std ball valve with barbed out let for $15. Mark was right the s/s one for $30 is the cats whiskers. Very very small and the entire unit rotates so you can squirt sanitiser in prior to using. Also it only takes a small turn in the knob to open the valve.
I know its a bit of bling and a waste of money for some. I would still say put the $200 towards a Braumeister but this would be next on my list.
Steve

Thanks Steve, I could fit two in both my fermenting fridges. :super:

Thanks SJW.
Interesting to know that the valve rotates similar to the tap on a Brew Bucket or so it seems?
That ss valve can be stripped of course?

Yes. It's a bizzar but simple design. I have had too many beers to explain but....... There is a central pin that screws fully out with half a turn. That releases fluid via 4 or 5 holes that are around the bulb bit you can see. Then it all flows out the .......outlet. Simple but very cool. No chance of bugs or nasties growing in the tap as I leave mine inverted with iodophor solution in there.

Welcome 2 AHB WallaB, dont mind Bridges, his just drunk.

shaunous said:
Welcome 2 AHB WallaB, dont mind Bridges, his just drunk.
Yes I was doing some serious R and D last night. Sorry WallaB, welcome to the forum!

As for the stainless fementer you linked to, do you know where the tap goes in is it side or base of the vessel?

Not sure if the tap location, really need to make the time to look at it. I doubt it is "conical based" and can't compare to the brewbucket. I like the lid closure more than the olive container/fermenters

Looks like a composting unit. Too many holes to hold liquid.

I can see why Bridges was thinking your link was not entirely relevant.

Welcome on board, WallaB, and please think before you link (and post).

Les out
The holes seem to be in the base support, not the vessel. The vessel is airtight and water tight according to specs.

Good find by WallaB. Looks interesting at the price.

Steven @ Home Make It said:
have some concerns about this unit
what grade of stainless steel are the using
what are the welds are the using
does the tap come off
just concerned
The tap is a optional extra so it must screw off, perhaps Steve knows what grade stainless they are?

What are your concerns?

Steven @ Home Make It said:
have some concerns about this unit
what grade of stainless steel are the using
what are the welds are the using
does the tap come off
just concerned

Back