Next new S/S fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being half smashed and slow internet does not help me much :)

I brew full 50lt often 55lt, I'd like to do that in a 50lt drum rather that two 30lt jobs. (50lt not 55lt of course)

Have just seen the latest posts & reckon that some sort of a dipstick (not me :lol: ) would help with volume adjustments when draining to fermenter.
I'm about to go through my SS stuff for an easy solution.
I have a few bits of 12mm stainless tube would do that trick, can bring one to the swap if you want it Pete.

Thanks for your latest post SJW as there's been a few beers in between our postings apparently. :p
Yes had a few people here for a beer and pizza night, not as sharp as I could be.

Nice though, beer and pizza by the outside fire place with good friends. Love it.

Batz said:
I brew full 50lt often 55lt, I'd like to do that in a 50lt drum rather that two 30lt jobs. (50lt not 55lt of course)

I have a few bits of 12mm stainless tube would do that trick, can bring one to the swap if you want it Pete.

I'm planning to use the dip tube from a 50-litre keg thanks Batz which (hopefully) should "blow off" 3.2 times approx. the volume of Co2 extruded from a normal bubbler in a normal ferment?

It (the 25mm tube) fits nicely into the food-grade reinforced hosing sold by Clark Rubber & elsewhere but if planning to use a grommet it all depends on where the outlet hole is located in your SS lid (OD of grommet may be too close to the rim)?

This is good for the Olive Oyl containers but not too good for my modified Brew Bucket lid but no worries as that's all organised too.

Perhaps consider why we need a blow-off tube ITFP?

65% fosphoric or 100% oxalic available at buntings don't leave it too long or it will stain. It is where concrete stuff is.
tapasa " they not real concreters"
"How you know that"
Tapasa " they not arguink"

Good on ya Yob, I think you will be very happy with the new bling. I also found the fellas at both Adelaide and Melboure Winequip to be great to deal with.

Steve

Latest posts

Back