Next new S/S fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope these help, 2nd pic is with tap closed 3rd is with tap open

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1402804226.548540.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1402804242.333876.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1402804256.885594.jpg

Thanks Luke.

So it looks like it extends very little into the vessel once screwed in...a very short thread.

Would there be any thread left once in place, to attach a female fitting ? Even just 1/2 a turn ?

No chance at all.

Danwood said:
Thanks Luke.
So it looks like it extends very little into the vessel once screwed in...a very short thread.
Would there be any thread left once in place, to attach a female fitting ? Even just 1/2 a turn ?

dam nice may just have to add to my bb order aferall!!

MB

I love mine.nsecond brew brewing now. A lot easier to clean than the plastic one, and I don't have to look at all the dry, chalky shit on the inside of my old fermenters.
Also Batz I took notice of the 30 litre mark while filling yesterday day. 25 litres was just over half way. When it's empty I will weigh how much water it takes to the brim.

What is the difference (visually) between the 2nd and 3rd photo?

lael said:
What is the difference (visually) between the 2nd and 3rd photo?
Are you on your computer or phone?

If I brighten my monitor, I can see inside the tap, not just a black hole. Still hard to make out details though.

Photography not my strongest suit. When it's brightened up you can see how the pin opens inside the tap.

Mobile. No problems, I'll check it when I get home.

SJW said:
I love mine.nsecond brew brewing now. A lot easier to clean than the plastic one, and I don't have to look at all the dry, chalky shit on the inside of my old fermenters.
Also Batz I took notice of the 30 litre mark while filling yesterday day. 25 litres was just over half way. When it's empty I will weigh how much water it takes to the brim.
OK so 30lt would still be somewhere on the straight sides, interesting stuff. I would imagine the 50lt to be similar. I be more interested in the 30lt mark, and how much head space there is from there.

Appreciate your help cobber. :beerbang:

Batz

SJW said:
I reckon I'll feel the same once I've brewed (with modifications ;) ) in my new Olive Oyl SJW. :icon_drool2: :lol:

For those not in the know, a little straight phos acid or whatever left to soak, combined with a bit of a scrub later on will get rid of those PITA salt deposits in your plastic FV.

Popeye & Olive Oyl.png

Batz said:
OK so 30lt would still be somewhere on the straight sides, interesting stuff. I would imagine the 50lt to be similar. I be more interested in the 30lt mark, and how much head space there is from there.

Appreciate your help cobber. :beerbang:

Batz
Also Batz I took notice of the 30 litre mark while filling yesterday day. 25 litres was just over half way.
I think we're talking 50 litre Olive Oyl's here Batz but not sure anymore after a re-read. :blink:

TidalPete said:
I think we're talking 50 litre Olive Oyl's here Batz. ;)
OK, I thought SJW bought the 30lt.

It's all getting a bit much for this old brewer, need a Bex and a good lay down....Or perhaps a saison?

30lt..50lt..50lt..30lt...somebody stop me!!

Batz

I got the 30L. When it's empty I can do some weighing and measuring of head space

SJW said:
I got the 30L. When it's empty I can do some weighing and measuring of head space

Thanks SJW, I really want to get this right and it's getting a bit of a head f%ck ATM.

Batz

It is strange not being able to see the volume level when transferring from the kettle

Batz said:
Thanks SJW, I really want to get this right and it's getting a bit of a head f%ck ATM.

Batz
Not sure what the stress is about? If you only ferment enough to fit in a corny it will be perfect. I waste so much to ensure I get a full keg. Post boil 25, transfer 21 or 22 litres to end up with a full corny.
The two I have brewed so far were huge pitches of 1052 slurry at 19 deg c and they both went off like bombs. Still a bit of head space too. If you were concerned just use the s/s lid, that seals great, and make a blow off tube for those big wheat beers.
Steve

Thanks for your latest post SJW as there's been a few beers in between our postings apparently. :p

Edit ---- Have just seen the latest posts & reckon that some sort of a dipstick (not me :lol: ) would help with volume adjustments when draining to fermenter.
I'm about to go through my SS stuff for an easy solution.

Latest posts

Back