Next new S/S fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Total cost was $175. Not sure where 30l mark is but I can check maybe Sunday arvo as I already have been crash chilling in it.

Batz said:
Thanks lukec, I really like the look of those. Could you tell us where the 30lt mark is please? and what was the final total for the drum and tap?

Batz

Did you order it from Winequip? Mine should turn up today. 330mm was the o/a diameter I was quoted from both the Adelaide and Melbourne Winequip stores.Could of got a nickle plated ball valve for $15 but Mark assured me the S/S one was the business.

What was the shipping to NSW? I was about to pick up a couple of the MJ ones from my local but having seen these....

I still have not been charged, but Winequip said that they will just charge me what the courier charges them. He said should be about $25 from Melbourne to Newcastle.

Just checked my back account and they charged me an entire $22 postage.

These are short in stature yeah? Does that mean more contact area with yeast cake, potentially causing dramas for those who leave on primary for 3+ weeks in comparison to taller vessels? Have to say brew bucket looks more practical for reasons explained by Florian.

Didn't order mine, I just did the cheeky shoot down to reservoir in my lunchtime to pick it up. They have some sweet gear in their shop for all type of homemade type stuff.
The bloke did mention someone else had recently enquired about one.

SJW said:
Did you order it from Winequip? Mine should turn up today. 330mm was the o/a diameter I was quoted from both the Adelaide and Melbourne Winequip stores.Could of got a nickle plated ball valve for $15 but Mark assured me the S/S one was the business.

Les the Weizguy said:
Hmm, maybe I get one of these and test drive it alongside the Brew Bucket when it finishes it's pleasure cruise from China.

That way I get a SS fermentor sooner.
Pleasure cruise?! Have you seen the way they cram them into those shipping containers with nothing to ferment for weeks on end, surrounded by the stench of machine oil?

Must admit I'm tempted to do the same. They look like tidy units.

Cool, not speaking from experience. Just avidly watching all the ss fv info pending an eventual purchase of one. Insert michael jackson eating popcorn in thriller gif.

Les the Weizguy said:
Hmm, maybe I get one of these and test drive it alongside the Brew Bucket when it finishes it's pleasure cruise from China.

That way I get a SS fermentor sooner.

What brewbucket are you getting Les?

2x $170.00 plus shipping to the sunny coast, OK it's worth me inquiring about freight charges.

Anyone else in the region interested if I can crack a deal here?

Batz

Apart from the SS aspect the reason I'm going for the conical brew bucket is because of the... conical. I'd also looked at the Mangrove Jacks model but still has the disadvantage that you have a flat bottom you end up with the last few minutes of the transfer to keg really messy as the beer picks up yeast and trub as it outflows, and I regularly waste a litre of more of beer.

As far as kegs are concerned, I will be trying a couple of lagers in kegs but, being only 19L and having to make allowances for krausen and trub, I'll only be doing 15l batches for bottling only.

Speak to David in the Melbourne store Batz, he was pretty cool with the brewing thing and might do a deal

Camo6 said:
Pleasure cruise?! Have you seen the way they cram them into those shipping containers with nothing to ferment for weeks on end, surrounded by the stench of machine oil?

Must admit I'm tempted to do the same. They look like tidy units.
Maybe I was being a bit sarcastic about the pleasure cruise. I'm sure it's more like a business trip, OK?

lael said:
What brewbucket are you getting Les?
It's the SS Brewing technologies Brew Bucket, purchased from NewEra Brewing in Brizbane. It's a lot of money for me to fork out if the bucket's no good, and it's not as if I have a lot of disposable cash, but I feel it's an investment in the flavour of my beer, being able to move past the plastic fermenters.

SJW said:
Speak to David in the Melbourne store Batz, he was pretty cool with the brewing thing and might do a deal
Shame that we didn't get a chance to negotiate a Newcastle deal, as you weren't aware of my interest at the time.
I remember the fusti that Mark had at his shop a while back, but that's when I was still happy with the plastic fermenters and didn't know the difference. IIRC, he offered me a keen price on it too, at the time.

Newcastle/ Hunter interest? Maybe I can get a BB happening?

Les out

50L straight walled around $250... too big for me though :(

The olive oil drum turned up. Very very nice bit if kit. Love the tap, well worth $30. Anyway I added some computer fans to the fridge and the temp drops so much faster than in plastic. I also just use cling wrap snd drop the temp probe in to monitor temp. Good buy for $192.50 delivered to Newcastle from Mel.
I also added a photo of my keg setup.
Lots of Braumeister how to brew videos on YouTube user name : BigTed ManShed

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back