New Danstar Dry Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6470zzy

Pretty sure it's not been sighted down here yet. That being said I'd expect a whole lot of interest. Wow! Two dried Weissbier yeasts can only be a good thing. :)

Get on to it Ross! :lol:

Warren -

News to me & the agents here....

Rest assured the tracking down process has begun... Will update shortly...

Cheers Ross

We have done some test brews with this yeast which comes from a German manufacturer allied to Lellemand. Our associates in Belgium have been selling this product for some time and the news is good - very good. Nice phenolic tones and not too much estery profile when fermented around 19 - 20C. Rehydration technique is very specific and a bit more involved than Fermentis products.

Dont know who will stock the product in Australia but I would think the present Danstar importers would be a good start.

Wes

Rehydration technique is very specific and a bit more involved than Fermentis products.

Sounds promising.

Can you give any details on the rehydration procedure?

Sounds promising.

Can you give any details on the rehydration procedure?

Doesn't sound much different to me. They just go into more precise detail about avoiding temperature shock.

Sure am looking forward to getting some of this stuff.

I muss es haben...schnell!!!

Have we run into a brick wall on this one? I have been unable to locate this yeast in the States, I am hoping for better action from you all. Homebrewers in my neck of the woods are too consumed with brewing with liquid yeast.

Cheers

6470zzy

Doesn't sound much different to me. They just go into more precise detail about avoiding temperature shock.

Sure am looking forward to getting some of this stuff.

I muss es haben...schnell!!!

I muss haben groe banane

I'm not sure how Ross is getting on but I've just spoken to the agent for Danstar here in Adelaide, and according to him the Munich Wheat yeast has not been made available here in Australia at this stage, he has said that it is likely to be a couple of months before they will get a chance to see any of it.

Let's hope Ross has a secret source :)

bump....
keen to try before my brewing starts getting dominated by bitters...!

edit: typing

We are working on it...patience grasshopper :) ....

cheers Ross

Well its been 2 days which is enough time for a few more back and forth emails... so whats the latest news :D

The rain has put a stop to that for now, so Ive got nothing better to do than hassle retailers :D

Back