New Creatures Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a pint at clancy's on Monday and thought it was a nice drop. As Vlad said it is very much the little brother of LCPA, quite malty I thought and milder on the late hops but still american cascade or something similar.

I will need to sample 6 pints in a short space of time to provide a more detailed review however :D

I went to LC last night and had a try :)
Having no idea whatsoever about describing beer I suspected Cascade Hops as well. It was very pretty :blink: and bright. Definately something for the masses with little bitterness and hop aroma, there was a citrus hint. For me, it was pretty much missing all that I love about the Pale Ale although I am not comparing apples with apples they just come from the same orchard...... :p
Funny but I asked one of the brewers if there was a slim chance of obtaining some slurry but he declined :p

I tried this for the first time at Little Creatures yesterday. I was unimpressed.
I will stick to the Pale Ale in future.
But it was so crowded at Little Creatures yesterday that I walked up to the Sail & Anchor & had some of their India Pale Ale from the hand pumped keg - very much better than the Bright Ale.
Jim.

I tried this for the first time at Little Creatures yesterday. I was unimpressed.
But it was so crowded at Little Creatures yesterday that I walked up to the Sail & Anchor & had some of their India Pale Ale from the hand pumped keg - very much better than the Bright Ale.
Jim.

I had a chance to try the bright ale at the Sydney good food and wine show yesterday. Their LCPA tap was having the keg changed when I was there so I didn't get to taste them side by side but going from memory its fruitier than the LCPA and much less hoppy. More malt driven than hop driven. If you are looking for another LCPA you will be disaponnted in the bright ale. It is a diferent beer.

I think it boils down to this -

If you like the American pale ale style - drink the LCPA (because all those cascades you have consumed have numbed your taste buds to anything more subtle :ph34r: ).
If you don't - The bright ale might be more your scene.

As for me, while I can appreciate a good APA its certainly not my favorite style. I lean more towards the English styles and I found the bright ale quite drinkable.

Cheers
Dave

I picked up six from Swords at the Vic Market last week...

Thrilled on two counts: 1) it's sufficently different from LCPA and Rodgers 2) Little World Breweries' share price has gone up five cents since the release (still should have bought BHP, though)...

I will drink a lot of it this summer, if I can get my hands on it. I've only seen it at the Vic Market... has anyone see it on tap around Melbourne?

Bought a bottle today at Dan's after recommendation from my mate.

Just poured it and before I knew it I was at the bottom of the glass!

Very, very easy drinking, reminded me much of cascade pale ale with the almost honeyish finish on it. Low on bitterness.

I reckon I could down a 6 pack of it in 10 minutes, which makes it a bad beer for me... I usually feel it after one, weeeeeeeeeeee! Off to try Boag's Honey Porter :D

What season is optimum time sup this new brew? I assume not winter by the appearance.

What season is optimum time sup this new brew? I assume not winter by the appearance.
Yep, having a glass now and I am impressed by it. Defiantely an easy drinking summer beer. Looking forward to a few more of these! :beerbang:

I had several Bright Ales when I last visited the Schwartz Brewery in Sydney (because the bloody pils had run out, Wes!) and found it an ok session ale. To me it tasted like it was missing a dose of Munich Malt...
Hopping was subdued yet balanced the malt profile of the beer, but I must confess that I much prefer their LCPA.
I haven't tried their IPA, but I'd love too...
Cheers,
TL

Jim.

Sorry Goatherder... :ph34r:
I misread an earlier post (above) - I thought Jim had gone to the Sail & Anchor to drink Little Creatures IPA, which I too had never heard of before either!! :blink:

Cheers,
TL

Latest posts

Back