New Bunnings "fermenter" Style Containers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get a new wand from any LHBS that will fit the Bunnings style taps. I've got two, one I bought on Bribie Island but lost, and the other at Taree. Then I found the Bribie one the next day :huh: so I reckon they are pretty universal. The Brigalow ones from supermarkets don't fit so I presume they are the same as the Coopers.

Grommet confusion sorted

Looking forward to grabbing a couple of these afore my next brew. I have so many first world problems... I have such a big list of bits and pieces I want for my brewery, but a limited budget to put towards them and now I don't know which things to get first and which to defer to the next pay! Oh what a dilhemma!

Does anyone have the width measurement for these bad boys?

Within a few mm as I had to do a "sight off" with a dressmaking tape measure:

28cm

44cm

You're a gem Bribie. 28w x 44d?

According to the bunnings website. 290w by 450d so I'd say that sounds close enough.

Hey Clutch why are you selling all that stuff on the other thread, you getting a BM or something?

Nah, got a Sabco Brew Magic, just clearing out room and building funds for a kegging setup.

Bought 2 x 25l fermenters from Bunnings tonight, can now fit 4 batches in my latest fridge.

Hell yeah.

Plus two other fridges for fermenting, plus a chesty and a cold beer fridge.

Clutch said:
Hell yeah.

Plus two other fridges for fermenting, plus a chesty and a cold beer fridge.

That's a damn nice fridge Clutch. What model is it?
Four fermenters at once is pretty sweet although you might need some ply on that middle rack. One fermenter with 27- 28 litres of lager is enough to make similar racks in mine deform permanently.

Bribie G said:
Within a few mm as I had to do a "sight off" with a dressmaking tape measure:

28cm

44cm
Anyone seen Silence of the Lambs? "It puts the lotion in the basket". :D
If anyone else has their dressmaking gear out, could someone measure how far the snap type taps protrude once fitted? The normal type stick out a fair way.
In the picture above you can see one advantage of the round style containers in that they can be turned in a tight space to clear the taps. Using the square type in a tight squeeze, the taps can cause problems.

Clutch said:
Nah, got a Sabco Brew Magic, just clearing out room and building funds for a kegging setup.

Bought 2 x 25l fermenters from Bunnings tonight, can now fit 4 batches in my latest fridge.
Should have grabbed my kegging stuff when I cleared out of Bris-vegas.

It would have been the 'complete circle' that the taps that changed your perception of home brew, ended up becoming yours. :D :chug:

Just on this one guys, how do you know they're food safe? I brought one with a black lid yesterday and it doesn't say it anywhere. They also had water jerry cans made by the same brand with red lids but they weren't suitable as fermenters

yeah newts im wondering the same thing they look good but.... will it give me problems?

I've always used them - when they had the red lids and now. IIRC, the red lid ones didn't say, but given they are selling them as "water drums" with a tap on the bottom, I'd hazard a guess that they couldn't sell them as water drums without them being food grade. Seems to make sense to me.

A local brewer here (Lagerbomb) uses SCA Water drums for cubes (25L from Supercheap Auto), and has never reported a problem with them.

Given the nanny state, I reckon that if it says "for water" I reckon it's "food grade".

HAHAAH yeah drug and food safe so i guess it ticks both boxes for us home brewsers :)

Latest posts

Back