New Bunnings "fermenter" Style Containers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECRO: Following on from another thread I thought I'd bump this one as some members had difficulty finding them - these "fermenters" are still at Bunnings. Spotted a stack of them at Bunnings Taree the other day, still around $19.
I've disposed of all my old 30L Coopers style drums and find these square vessels to be the ducks nuts.

Bribie G said:
NECRO: Following on from another thread I thought I'd bump this one as some members had difficulty finding them - these "fermenters" are still at Bunnings. Spotted a stack of them at Bunnings Taree the other day, still around $19.
I've disposed of all my old 30L Coopers style drums and find these square vessels to be the ducks nuts.
Good stuff Bribie G!!

Just found this necro thread so THANKS!!!

PS how are you finding the local area? Will have to meet up for a personalised BIAB tutorial

Cheers
Bruce

I have seen them at my local bunnings also.

BEC26 said:
Good stuff Bribie G!!

Just found this necro thread so THANKS!!!

PS how are you finding the local area? Will have to meet up for a personalised BIAB tutorial

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce

Maaaate - where have you been hiding?
Actually I'm doing a brew tomorrow if you are free (I'm at Old Bar just off the village centre) if you want to PM me.

cheers
Michael

PS, love the area. Makes SEQ seem like living in Soweto. I also love the weather (despite the rain the Queenslanders keep sending us). Amuses me when people complain about the heat and humidity and SWMBO is reaching for her cardigan :D - I prefer cool anyway as I'll find out over the Winter.
Expect I'll adapt and be whining with the best next year.

Thanks for the bump, i saw this thread before when i was fermenting 84l at a time. Now i am cubing this has much more relevance to me.

Thanks. Have a like.

Don'tSpendItAllInOneShopPunkin

Got em, they have a black lid now. Still <$20, i bought 4.

Edited to avoid the spelling police.

Bought 2 of the 30L square ones today.

Got heaps of them and others at Bunnings Carseldine. $19.98 a piece.
67a2c1ce-7bb9-4ce8-841d-96f993996c21.jpg

phoneyhuh said:
Questions; Are they stackable and would they fit 25kgs of grain?
No and no.

You could stack them if they had side support, so IMHO I say no.

For 25kg grain you need 40L capacity, so another no.

I bought one a couple of weeks ago.

They are cheap, but the plastic is pretty thin so they flex a lot. I wouldn't stack them.

OK I thought as much. Thanks for the replies anyway!

I'm sure there's got to be somewhere that sells strong, stackable square plastic drums with large screwtop lids, 40 or 50L capacity. I'm just yet to find them. :ph34r:

BEC26 said:
oh noes

None at Taree today!!!!!!
BEC, I have ONE spare I can sell you for $15 with tap if interested, I have 3 but recently bought a 60L fermenter off my neighbour so I'm over-equipped.
All in perfect nick.

Pickaxe said:
BCF Have good cheap food quality containers too.
I've got a 200L food grade drum in the garage that needs to go :unsure: . I use it for mixing and storing salt water normally.
Unfortunately, I don't have any gladwrap wide enough to cover the top.

I've got to say, I love the 30L Bunnies drums.
I have been using two since the get go and they are a great size. They also make airating the wort a breeze when you spin them back and forth.
The extra volume also helps when you are getting your processes dialed in and end up with the need to dilute a batch with several liters. Or it could just be a wheat beer gone mad.

Bribie G said:
BEC, I have ONE spare I can sell you for $15 with tap if interested, I have 3 but recently bought a 60L fermenter off my neighbour so I'm over-equipped.
All in perfect nick.
Hey Bribie G

missed this post but am interested!

Managed to get one this weekend in port mac, and literally just now measured up the "new" ferment fridge - it will fit 2 drums side by side.

Will have to work out pickup/payment

Strange, cos I subbed to this thread and your post wasn't an email alert . . .

Pm me

Cheers

Just bumping again guys, sorry!

Ergonomically, which is the better space saver, the round or the square ones?

They are pretty much the same dimensions, but the square ones hold more volume (for obvious reasons). You're unlikely to have a space the round one will fit that the square one wont.

Latest posts

Back