New Bunnings "fermenter" Style Containers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check the threads if you're gonna use the taps on them Bribie...

I bought one a few weeks back, and the fermenter was misthreaded meaning the tap would screw in somewhat, but was skipping a thread. They replaced no worries, and the new one all OK.

Cheers

I've never done the gladwrap thing and have wondered why people do it...

I've always fermented in glass or plastic carboys with bubbler airlocks or (rarely) a krausen tube..

typical usage: seals off the fermenter beautifully and gives you a "glass window" view into what is happening.

clingwrap_typical__Large_.jpg

They look cool, what's the dimensions please Mike?

300w x 450h to top of the red cap

Check the threads if you're gonna use the taps on them Bribie...

I bought one a few weeks back, and the fermenter was misthreaded meaning the tap would screw in somewhat, but was skipping a thread. They replaced no worries, and the new one all OK.

Cheers
Will do that now, thanks Nick. I also bought 5 taps so will swap if necessary

typical usage: seals off the fermenter beautifully and gives you a "glass window" view into what is happening.

View attachment 54845

300w x 450h to top of the red cap

Will do that now, thanks Nick. I also bought 5 taps so will swap if necessary

Being a seasoned rappa I find my ring (o'ring) is too tight & ends up flinging off the fermenter after a build up of pressure..

Cheers

Paul

Paul, I've only ever had that problem if I don't work the O ring right down to the bottom of the thread on the fermenter opening. Even with a big mutha stout fermentation that really bulges up the cling wrap.

on the odd occasion that ive used cling wrap i cant be stuffed getting the o-ring out of the lid

i just put glad wrap on and run some electrical tape around the outside where the thread is never a problem and no trying to get the o-ring out of the lid

but i must admit i like the bloop bloop bloop noise from the airlock so i use one most times

cheers: HBK

on the odd occasion that ive used cling wrap i cant be stuffed getting the o-ring out of the lid

i just put glad wrap on and run some electrical tape around the outside where the thread is never a problem and no trying to get the o-ring out of the lid

but i must admit i like the bloop bloop bloop noise from the airlock so i use one most times

cheers: HBK

If you use glad wrap you don't need to take an o ring out of the lid more than once. It's really not that hard.

Morayfield had them
These are really neat compared to the old barrels, and less than $20 each with an O ring. I'll reno my two "traditional" fermenters with new taps.

Any chance on those dimensions of the 30's Bribie?

I suspect they may be shorter than the barrels which would be great for my fridge....

Any chance on those dimensions of the 30's Bribie?

I suspect they may be shorter than the barrels which would be great for my fridge....
450 high and 270 width and depth Gar

no rubber seal in the lid of these but for the price I picked one up a few weeks ago.

cheers
Ciro

Awesome fermenters but check the final product, as mentioned some times the threads cross up but other than that, two thumbs up.

They have quite normal rubber O rings as you can make out from the labels displayed on the photo.

Also I just used a bit of lube to make sure I screwed it in really tight

Later when I got onto the fermenters themselves the taps went in fine

:ph34r:

Hey Bribie are there handles moulded into the sides to lift it with no lid??

Cheers

bunnings_ferm_2__Large_.jpg

Yes, good deep handles which didn't show up too well in the earlier photo.

And, Paul H, less scope for the O ring to spring off as it has quite a "deep" threaded collar compared to the trad. fermenter.
Pils has taken off already, woot.

View attachment 54853

Yes, good deep handles which didn't show up too well in the earlier photo.

And, Paul H, less scope for the O ring to spring off as it has quite a "deep" threaded collar compared to the trad. fermenter.
Pils has taken off already, woot.
They look awesome Bribie! I mostly use my 60L round fermenter but wouldn't mind getting rid of all the varying shape and size 30L ones.

These may just be on my list...

these also make a good hlt with a couple of kettle elements in them. mine has been going for 20 or so brews so far and does the job well.

Anyone got the prod code for these? need to make a few calls to check if they are in stock.

for those depressed about no markings on the 25 litre round barrel
23 litres is at the bottom of the ring that goes around just above/at the handles

Anyone got the prod code for these? need to make a few calls to check if they are in stock.

Haven't got a code but they're made by BMW Plastics (30L storage drum with screwtop lid, o ring and bung)

Very happy with my 30's, smelled pretty damned awful at first but it seems to be washing out

:beer: for the heads up Bribie... free's up a lot of room in the fridge

2m7yp1z.jpg

Are these bad boys still around? I had a look at my local bunnings (preston/northland) and they only had 1 older round 25L one.

Are these bad boys still around? I had a look at my local bunnings (preston/northland) and they only had 1 older round 25L one.

pretty sure ive sen them at the bunning in coburg, give them a call first though

Latest posts

Back