New Beer In The Market - Broo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't agree more with past comments, its quite a frustrating sight, i get the vibe... 'its the new patriotic brew, if you don't drink this, you're not a true aussie, mate', though i guess its not hard tryin to sell it this way to the blinded general public who's misunderstanding of beer is so great that people no longer associate beer through taste just how the bottle looks and how its marketed. The words 'premium' and 'beer' together is always the most misused coupling, is there any quideline for a 'premium' beer?!

I agree with the above -
- but wouldnt it be nice if the people swilling VB or WEST END would turn to these also?

If its the same shite, and they want it, give it to them?

I agree with the above -
- but wouldnt it be nice if the people swilling VB or WEST END would turn to these also?

If its the same shite, and they want it, give it to them?

It would be good to see regular VB/XXXX drinkers trying another brew. But let's be honest for most of them they will only try it if it is cheaper.

I don't see people screaming out for another bland lager...jeez and it is not even low carb!!!!

It would be good to see regular VB/XXXX drinkers trying another brew. But let's be honest for most of them they will only try it if it is cheaper.

I don't see people screaming out for another bland lager...jeez and it is not even low carb!!!!

If its cheap it might only threaten the market share of Hammer & Tongs....!!!!!

I'm with Jayse on this one. That website really pushed my buttons.

I saw it and hope his business fails miserably, he loses everything and his wife and daughters run off with a real brewer.

i felt nauseous watching that youtube clip :icon_vomit:

Just another example where the emphasis is on the brand rather then the beer.

That youtube clip was a travesty

A mouthful of raw squid, and a plate of something that a good vet could get going doesnt do much for the taste.

I'm not quite sure what this means.

That YouTube clip was one of the funniest things I've seen in while.... It wasn't so much that he was actually funny, it's just that it was so bad, I had to laugh! Either this guy is a complete wanker, or he is extremely smart at marketing, or both. Then again, will bogans with no tastebuds want a brand that they don't know, that will probably cost more that VB/Tooheys/megaswill?

Just moved this over from the other thread - hope that's cool. :)

Would be interesting to see what owning a share makes you responsible for...

Different enterprise, but there was the issue not so long ago of people buying into a transport or tollway company and suddenly being responsible for contributing to the matenance of the company debt.

There were stories of people who had bough a million+ shares and suddenly had a $1.50 fee per share to contribute to the company debt. Or events to that effect...

If the company goes under - what would you be responsible for as a share holder?

Kev

Interesting astroturf campaign. He's obviously attempting to appeal to the "average Aussie bloke" working a blue collar or tradie job, loves his beer, footy and ute:

Whoos Kent? They call him the Grog Monster, Grogsie or Groges. He started Broo, he gives it a go and keeps it going. As a kid, he had a dozen schools, countless jobs, and any number of close shaves. Hes run with the bulls at Pamplona with a Sherrin under his arm at 23 and started a tradition that continues to this day. He turns up to really important meetings in shorts and thongs.

But he's running the business out of an office in the main street of Sorrento. Just for shits'n'giggles, and to inform non-Victorians, I decided to graph the median house price in Sorrento versus a couple of suburbs he might be targetting his audience, Sunshine, Noble Park and Frankston:
med_gallery_7239_412_11754.png

Pure astroturf campaign by a slick, BMW driving, MBA graduate, imho.

Grog monster? WTF, is he for real

Check out the Australian Beer page.
Pity if a japanese person bought a slab and became a 10% shareholder...

Complete tosser. What a moron. Better stop now, he's putting all the good work over the last decade by reputable brewers at risk. The general public are so thick that they fall for this crap :angry: .

ill go against the grain a bit here and say good on him for having a crack. wish i had the up n go to get out there and have a major go at something like a brewery

i admit the marketing didnt really apeal to me, but im not going to wish his life falls apart or call him names for it

if you dont like the marketing, then its obviously not aimed at you.

if you have tried the beer and dont like it, dont buy it. simple.

ill go against the grain a bit here and say good on him for having a crack. wish i had the up n go to get out there and have a major go at something like a brewery

i admit the marketing didnt really apeal to me, but im not going to wish his life falls apart or call him names for it

if you dont like the marketing, then its obviously not aimed at you.

if you have tried the beer and dont like it, dont buy it. simple.
I doubt there's any brewery involved here. This will be a contract brew with probably no intention of opening a brewery. I could be wrong of course but I'm pretty certain I read somewhere this one was.
I have nothing against contract brewed beers mind you, if the beer is good.
I've tasted this beer, and it wasn't.

That the marketing isn't aimed at me is a given but I object to it further on the grounds that it is actually causing harm to the image of something that I feel very strongly about. It reinforces crap stereotypes that in my opinion help to push back the cause of getting better beer in Australia.

Give the bloke a break. If you don't like his beer, or his marketing, don't buy it. Accept that there will *probably* never be a large commercial market for brews with 17 different malts and hop additions made every minute...

Accept that there will *probably* never be a large commercial market for brews with 17 different malts and hop additions made every minute...

Rubbish. Give Australia 5 years and you will probably end up eating your hat. Craft beer is the new thing, we are heading the way of the US in my opion.

Latest posts

Back