New Beer In The Market - Broo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are they selling it so far?? Always good to have a crack at a new aussie brew. May have to send an email.

Cheers Brad

its what beer was before all the tossers tried to treat it like wine
But after all the tossers tried to treat it like water

Sounds like another drop from the Haagen mob. Our local bowls club stocks Haagen shyte, including that 'cuba' they brought out recently. If the roo appears there then that's a dead giveaway.

She comes in at 4.6% Alcohol, and out of a 330ml brown stubby. Why a brown stubby? Because as any brewer will tell you, beer needs to be kept and drunk from a brown bottle. Keeps the light out, And the beer better. And the 330ml bottle…well you fit more into an esky.

Nice justification for 330mL, somewhat amusing.

The Broo comes in the hero 330ml stubby. Comes in small herds called clusters (your classic 6 pack), and roam in big mobs (24 in a case). There’s nothing like the sight of a mob of Broo’s coming your way. Broo is also available on tap at selected pubs, clubs and at Kent’s place.

...clusters...?

Broo isn’t a special occasion beer, you’re allowed to drink it anytime you want and anywhere. It’s not infused with salmon, lemon or peanuts, and you don’t even have to stick fruit in it. You can eat whatever you bloody well like with it, but by all accounts the beer tastes just right on its own. A mouthful of raw squid, and a plate of something that a good vet could get going doesn’t do much for the taste.

Ahh, so it's a boring lager. Though I probably should have known that seeing the word 'premium' is being used.

We treat our beer like beer, its what beer was before all the tossers tried to treat it like wine.

OK, so I am assuming that this product fits a an audience somewhere between VB and VB Raw...

I think the brand has appeal for tourists and that is about it.

"Premium Australian Lager"
So is Crown and that's enough for me now to touch it.

Tried this at the Australian Beer Festival in Sydney this year.

Seems like it's only just starting to make a name for itself considering I had to enter it on Ratebeer.
I must've been bored at the time...

Tried this at the Australian Beer Festival in Sydney this year.

Seems like it's only just starting to make a name for itself considering I had to enter it on Ratebeer.
I must've been bored at the time...
Ha! sounds like VB (I hope it'll be a long time before I enter a rating for it).

Craft beer drinkers, if that is indeed what they mean by tossers, don't treat beer like wine. We treat it like people used to treat beer before tossers started treating it as an industrial commodity comprising mostly of water and ethanol.

I Like the way the testimonials are by email instead of on a guestbook...

Because as any brewer will tell you, beer needs to be kept and drunk from a brown bottle.

Well, I would say any brewer would tell you beer should be kept in a brown bottle (if in a bottle at all) and drunk from a glass but then again I am not in marketing...

Just what the Australian beer market needs, another 'premium' lager.

Craft beer drinkers, if that is indeed what they mean by tossers, don't treat beer like wine. We treat it like people used to treat beer before tossers started treating it as an industrial commodity comprising mostly of water and ethanol.

Amen... preach brother!

had it at the beer frestival too... SHOCKING!

had it at the beer frestival too... SHOCKING!

I'm sure if you told them that, they would have said "THIS IS A MAN'S BEER. HTFU and drink it."

Back