New Beer In The Market - Broo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to Chan 7 news (which just happened to be on after the football), the Broo brewers have sold their house and everything they own so they can (continue) to brew their beer.
In addition it was said that anyone who buys a slab of beer from them will be given shares in the company to help it stay afloat: http://www.broo.com.au/the_dream.html

The Broo website is slow/dead so I can't confirm/deny any of this info, but blame Chan7 if it's incorrect!

Edit: link added.

is linked on the site, can't remember if it's been linked to in this thread yet.

EDIT: Worth watching to hear him describe his beer as 'brootiful' :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Chan 7 news (which just happened to be on after the football), the Broo brewers have sold their house and everything they own so they can (continue) to brew their beer.
In addition it was said that anyone who buys a slab of beer from them will be given shares in the company to help it stay afloat: http://www.broo.com.au/the_dream.html

The Broo website is slow/dead so I can't confirm/deny any of this info, but blame Chan7 if it's incorrect!

I saw it and hope his business fails miserably, he loses everything and his wife and daughters run of with a real brewer.

That's a bit harsh, he might be a bogan but I don't like anyone going bankrupt. Well, maybe Mr Burns.

Amusing concept, of course what Australia needed was another generic Lager.....

From the looks they've spent all the money on marketing instead of brewing, rather reminiscent of all the other megaswill breweries we already have.

That's a bit harsh, he might be a bogan but I don't like anyone going bankrupt. Well, maybe Mr Burns.

I agree but I also don't like seeing shit ideas and shit products being rewarded. Seems to happen all too often. If the product is crap or offers nothing new (and I will reserve entire judgement until if/when I try it) then there should be no market for it. Not hoping he goes bankrupt but in the case that he's making shit beer, I hope he stops making shit beer and either makes better beer that sells well or sells the business onto someone who does.

This occa/aussie/blokey concept is a bit old hat.

Looks like it is brewed for japanese tourists.

I for one won't be buying it as the marketing is the only thing that makes it any different to the average aussie lager.

'Not for wankers" = for P*ss head yobbos.

'Clean taste' = no taste.

Good on him for having a go, I might give the 'buy 10% of the company' a miss though.

Couldn't agree more with past comments, its quite a frustrating sight, i get the vibe... 'its the new patriotic brew, if you don't drink this, you're not a true aussie, mate', though i guess its not hard tryin to sell it this way to the blinded general public who's misunderstanding of beer is so great that people no longer associate beer through taste just how the bottle looks and how its marketed. The words 'premium' and 'beer' together is always the most misused coupling, is there any quideline for a 'premium' beer?!

Wait so now we have bogan beer snobs? It has come full circle.

"We've been able to bottle national pride, ya know, into a stubbie". lol wut? C'mon, that's a bit cheesy isn't it?

From the 'interview' and what's on the website, it feels too much like the owner was 'I like making beer, I think I'll sell it'. His product tries to appeal to bogans which (as far as I'm aware) are one of the most brand loyal sections of the beer market around ("I drink West End/Fourex/Carlton Draught/Tooheys etc). Difficult when he really isn't a businessman.

Back