Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Dag's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duff

Worst Website Ever....
Reaction score
The DAG's will be hosting Big Brew Day 2010 in Port Douglas here at my place. So far we have around 6 brewers setting up their rigs in my garage for the day, as AG brewing in the far north increases :beerbang:

We are registered site #523. Information on the day can be found on this link:

Click Me!!

This years receipes of American Wheat, Scottish 80/- and Oktoberfest can be found on this link:

BBD 2010 Receipes

We are actually hosting ours a week later on May 8 and are looking forward to it. It is a good opportunity to get local brewers together of any levels to brew beer, talk beer and drink beer :party:

If any other FNQ'ers haven't seen the email thread and want to attend, send me a message if you are interested.

Cheers.

Tomorrow's the day and it has swelled a bit with close to 20 people attending.

Weather is looking good and good to see the HB community increasing in the far north :beerbang:

Will also have the pro brewer from Blue Sky in Cairns in attendance. Here's hoping he brings a keg or two :rolleyes:

Post pics tomorrow.

Cheers.

What, no goats :eek:

Eh, have a good one :icon_chickcheers:

Are you guys doing this again next year? Fella might have to come along... ;)

(only asking in a shameless effort that I might con the Bunyip into takin' me fishin' to one of his secret spots)

Well the DAG's had a great day yesterday for Big Brew Day 2010. Five brewers setup their rigs plus another half dozen or so attending meant an enjoyable afternoon by all. We had Hayden (Head Brewer at Bluesky) and Dave (ex-Goliath) here so plenty of good informed discussion.

For those who attended the QLD Case Swap last year, the Bunyip put in a solid performance, but it was his mate Jules who set a cracking pace which went close to 12 hours. Impressive stuff.

On to some photos:

Smoked chicken drumsticks getting ready.

P5080001.JPG

Bunyip's wheelie bin getting ready.

P5080002.JPG

Some of the rigs setup.

P5080005.JPG

P5080006.JPG

Hayden (left) from Bluesky.

P5080008.JPG

Shane doing his BIAB Scottish 80/- with decoction.

P5080004.JPG

60L of DAG ale in the cubes.

P5080011.JPG

Relaxing as the brews are completed.

P5080012.JPG

An enjoyable day had by all.

Cheers.

Thanks so much for a great day Brett & Kellie ,,

Great to meet the Cairns brewers and share tips and beers with you all ...

Brett, Jules put in a good day , however the Golden Strong ales at the end knocked the wind out of his sails pretty quick ... ;)

Cheers and thanks buddy ..

:icon_offtopic:

VERY worried about you Incider when you restrain yourself to a +1.
Please contact your nearest head shrink ASAP. :p

TP

Great pics Brett - not sure why Pete's post got quoted, but that happens when you drink beer! :)

Back