Name the bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you posed the question on the day the music died, perhaps call it Yobbo B. Goode.

Edit: you could even have a signature tune...

Out east of Melbourne close to Ringwood Square,
Deep inside the suburbs there’s a brewer’s lair,
Crowded old freezers full of hops and yeast,
Its Yobbo’s place – where he drinks like a beast
But it’s only the best beer that will pass his lips
And Russian Imperial Stout is his favourite piss

Go go
Go Yobbo go
Go
Go Yoobo go
Go
Go Yobbo go
Go
Go Yobbo go
Go
Yobbo B. Goode

etc…

Here's my optionz:

Beer Oçlock
Big Jugz
Pride of Ringwood
The bar former known as...
Hop Shotz (there's ya "Z")
Get in 'ere, ya fat moles
(Best) Bar None
Bar Dup
Club Batmania (former name of Melb. town)
AML (the Anti-Mega-beer League)
Beer Week
HOME!! (good to head home at the end of the working day)(*edited here too)

** I'll be happy with a night of free drinking and a recognition plaque if any of my ideas are accepted.

barls said:
work or the office
The Office, already done, in Adelaide

Yob said:
The stagger inn
already done, in Canberra, iirc

Another 'The Office ' here in Toowoomba too

I've got a cat called Raffy who is always around when I brew and for fun I put down Raffy as my assistant in my brewing software. It wasn't long before it became known as Raffy's brewery. Finally about three years ago I built an Art Deco style bar which became Raffy's Bar

Surely you would have some sort of similar influence which you are overlooking, names should come naturally, you shouldn't need other people's suggestions IMHO

labels said:
Surely you would have some sort of similar influence which you are overlooking, names should come naturally, you shouldn't need other people's suggestions IMHO
sure I do, but mostly it's fun and engaging with the community I do a lot with :party: which are a diverse and creative lot (broadly speaking)

Yob said:
sure I do, but mostly it's fun and engaging with the community I do a lot with :party: which are a diverse and creative lot (broadly speaking)
Ha, makes perfect sense and I must admit your service with the hops is outstanding. Community Engagement :)

labels said:
Ha, makes perfect sense and I must admit your service with the hops is outstanding. Community Engagement :)
Don't forget case swaps, brew days and bulk buys, they are all very engaged

Latest posts

Back