My New Beer Lamp...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcmcg

I had lotsa barrels on the old AHB..
Reaction score
I got this exit sign, in the bin , off a job...
Got me a can of spray paint and some MDF letters from the craft aisle at the green shed.....
Got me a new , you beaut BEER sign for the shed !
beerlightphoto.PNG
The letters have been sprayed , red gloss , but you cant tell from the pic !
As they say....
One mans trash.......
Cheers
Ferg

Looks great, reminds me of Bowie: (Ziggy Stardust) "with just the beer light to guide us........."

:icon_drunk:

I love found stuff, my brewstand for my urn, for 18 months was just an old sturdy wooden chair I found dumped in a carpark at the beach. There's an abandoned (GFC) unit development site just behind where I live and I've been eying off a green sign on the fence "Emergency Assembly Area" - would look the ducks nuts on the wall behind my kegerator. I might just inadvertently find it at 1 am sometime soon :lol:

Reminds me of my old Rugby club back in Market Rasen ... a set of working traffic lights and a road name sign from a nearby road. Fanny Hands Lane.

The club kept putting it back and the next visiting touring team would bring it back... they ended up buying a second one for the council :D

Looks great, reminds me of Bowie: (Ziggy Stardust) "with just the beer light to guide us........."

:icon_drunk:

I love found stuff, my brewstand for my urn, for 18 months was just an old sturdy wooden chair I found dumped in a carpark at the beach. There's an abandoned (GFC) unit development site just behind where I live and I've been eying off a green sign on the fence "Emergency Assembly Area" - would look the ducks nuts on the wall behind my kegerator. I might just inadvertently find it at 1 am sometime soon :lol:
Bribie , i also scored a 1.5 meter 600mm deep s/s sink they were throwing out.....one of those deep science type ones....
My brew frame came from old school desks , welded together....
My mash paddle...stainless pipe and s/s skirt , bolted together...with stainless bolts...lol
This is one benefit of being on commercial building sites...the stuff they throw out....got heaps of insulation ( foil backed) the other day....
Even found ( :ph34r: ) some of the silver tape they use to join it up with..hehe
Gotta love a good trash to treasure conversion lol
Go get the sign... :ph34r:
Cheers
Ferg

Reminds me of my old Rugby club back in Market Rasen ... a set of working traffic lights and a road name sign from a nearby road. Fanny Hands Lane.

The club kept putting it back and the next visiting touring team would bring it back... they ended up buying a second one for the council :D

Haha there are certainly some collectible signs - I was born just a few ks from place pointed to by first sign, we didn't think anything of it and wondered why foreigners from Newcastle or Manchester or whatever would fall around laughing.

penistone.jpg

fucking_sign.jpg

Haha there are certainly some collectible signs - I was born just a few ks from place pointed to by first sign, we didn't think anything of it and wondered why foreigners from Newcastle or Manchester or whatever would fall around laughing.

View attachment 41384

View attachment 41383

Excellent! Getting a bit off-thread now (sorry) ... but...

Here's me failing to get the Furka off the wall

And a few of my other fave Ozzie signs from my travels.

:lol: :lol:

Ok just to take this completely off topic, when Pacific Harbour here on Bribie Island was being developed there was a series of 3 billboards about 20 m apart on the approach road into the suburb. They read "DEEP" "WIDE" "CANALS"

and were very soon reduced to "DEEP" "WIDE" "ANAL"

:icon_chickcheers:

Signs no longer there

:lol: :lol:

Ok just to take this completely off topic, when Pacific Harbour here on Bribie Island was being developed there was a series of 3 billboards about 20 m apart on the approach road into the suburb. They read "DEEP" "WIDE" "CANALS"

and were very soon reduced to "DEEP" "WIDE" "ANAL"

:icon_chickcheers:

Signs no longer there

Oh that's classy.

I had an Iain Banks novel Canal Dreams on a bookshelf in my room at uni... some git modified the spine so it said anal Dreams. A great looks for all the girls that was.

Many years ago there was an ice cream parlor in Goolwa SA, 'Happy Pappy's Ice Cream Parlor' in rather large letters.

Someone I know with the help of a friend made it 'Crappy Nappys Ice Cream Parlor' one night. We thought it was funny anyway.

Batz

Sorry fergthebrewer the beer sign looks shit-hot, gives me an idea.

Batz

Oh that's classy.

I had an Iain Banks novel Canal Dreams on a bookshelf in my room at uni... some git modified the spine so it said anal Dreams. A great looks for all the girls that was.

When I was at High school in the 60s the Catholic school girls didn't mind it as it preserved their "marriageability credentials"

So now I'm definitely outta this thread ;)

Back