My New Ag Sysytem

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*shrugs*

Just trying to help a dude out... maybe I'll just be quiet from now on

*shrugs*

Just trying to help a dude out... maybe I'll just be quiet from now on

Nup all ideas taken on board. Do know a few sparky's that I will be getting in touch with. Quiet can be deafening -_-

BYB

wow BYB, that looks really great. A beautiful masterpiece :)

Steady as she goes. Have now picked up my SS pots compliments of Beerbelly Still have a bit of bling to attach to it. The MT in the middle is bottom draining and will have a 12" round FB. I will need to move my chiller a fraction sideways so the MT can be more central to where I want it. Still throwing the idea around whether to go for a 3.6kw or 3kw ellement for the HLT. Will most likely mash in with around 30ltrs. My idea is to only heat what I need for mash in then fill again for sparging. With this in mind I would only need to heat around 70ltrs at any one time. In a nutshell 30-35ltrs for mash in then reheat around 70 for sparging. With a little bit of a clean the sha bang should come up well. Currently 46c in the shed :(

BYB

It took my kettle 55 Minutes to lift 80L of wort from 65 to the boil. I use 2 x 2400 W Ceramic Elements.

Very nice setup also! Love that stainless look!

So the northern chapter has a big brewery now.

Let us know when you plan on taking her for her virgin ride and i will be there.

Sounds like a chance to have big brew days and take home some wort!

I got 1 out of 7 on OzLotto last night so no bling for me.

So the northern chapter has a big brewery now.

Let us know when you plan on taking her for her virgin ride and i will be there.

Sounds like a chance to have big brew days and take home some wort!

I got 1 out of 7 on OzLotto last night so no bling for me.

Still have a few things to add, which adds up to finance.
After putting through a trial or two I may put out an APB invite. Will most likely make a "Virgin Celebration Pilsner" B) for the first official brew.

BYB

Having just made and installed my thermowell I have come to the conclusion that I may shorten have to shorten it a little. I want to put a herms coil in, I can get around the element which will be very low and which is yet to be installed but the thermowell may be a problem. I am going to make a copper coil that is a fraction rounder than your standard corny. The herms coil will have a three copper legs braized to it so it sits nicely in the HLT. Whats the consensus :unsure:

BYB

HLT.JPG

Having just made and installed my thermowell I have come to the conclusion that I may shorten have to shorten it a little. I want to put a herms coil in, I can get around the element which will be very low and which is yet to be installed but the thermowell may be a problem. I am going to make a copper coil that is a fraction rounder than your standard corny. The herms coil will have a three copper legs braized to it so it sits nicely in the HLT. Whats the consensus :unsure:

BYB

Hey mate, You should be able to get away with it with it's current length. I just installed my Mashmaster probe after I installed my herms coil and guided it through the gaps in the coil. As far as legs go my coil is just 12mm annealed copper and is very sturdy without support just by being fixed through the sides of my dedicated herms vessel.
Cheers
Doug

Well just spent most of the day trying to complete the system. Almost there. Have managed to set up the spiral for the Kettle and also knocked uo a Beerbelly inspired Sparge Arm MkII B) Still working / deciding what I will do about my element problem. Anyway here are the pics.

Gas_Burner.JPG

Sparger.JPG

The_rig.JPG

No kegs? :huh:

Got to love those Italian Spiral Burners. :wub:

I am just in the process of getting the height of my spiral burner right. What is the general opinion / consensus of brewers with spirals on the best distance from pot to burner :unsure:

BYB

I am just in the process of getting the height of my spiral burner right. What is the general opinion / consensus of brewers with spirals on the best distance from pot to burner :unsure:
BYB
Andy, you will need to turn the burner on to determine the height. The hottest part of the flame is where it turns from blue to yellow. The pot and burner should be positioned to match this point.

Andy, you will need to turn the burner on to determine the height. The hottest part of the flame is where it turns from blue to yellow. The pot and burner should be positioned to match this point.

I realise that is a valid point but instead of trialing to much (and maybe getting burnt) I'd like to know from others that have gone to the trouble, and maybe burnt themselves :( I will be using a high pressure reg to get the extra grunt that I will require.

BYB

I've got a Spiral and a Rambo.. I fin'd with the Spiral that too much pressure tends to make it inefficient, as in the pressure of gas coming out almost extinguishes the flame.... Mine is on a variable reg though so easy to adjust. Does anyone have a spiral on a high pressure reg? How does it perform?

Sorry to hijack, BYB, just curious.... Shit hot job by the way mate

I realise that is a valid point but instead of trialing to much (and maybe getting burnt) I'd like to know from others that have gone to the trouble, and maybe burnt themselves :( I will be using a high pressure reg to get the extra grunt that I will require.

BYB

Look at the one at my house!!!

KHB

BYB
As soon as you work it out, I will get the results from you :D . I am using the same gear on the stand which is too close. I have not had a chance to build my rig yet though.

I've got a Spiral and a Rambo.. I fin'd with the Spiral that too much pressure tends to make it inefficient, as in the pressure of gas coming out almost extinguishes the flame.... Mine is on a variable reg though so easy to adjust. Does anyone have a spiral on a high pressure reg? How does it perform?
Sorry to hijack, BYB, just curious.... Shit hot job by the way mate
Have a look here, this post was bumped earlier today.

Look at the one at my house!!!

KHB

Ah yes but my question was focusing on the broader brewing population. But then again every situation is different so I suppose my query may not have much merit.

BTW are you yelling!! ;) Put that beer down and sober up son :lol:

BYB

Latest posts

Back