My Missus Only Likes St George

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flattop

Reaction score
With a few Kits & bits brews under my belt and some have turned out pretty good i find that my missus still prefers St George, the other 5 adults camping here love my brews but i need to satisfy the boss (luckily the financial controller is still happy ;) )
I plan a BIAB in the next few weeks to try to improve on what i make but i really don't want to make a brew like St George....

Should i

Change my missus?

Change my brew style?

Make some cheap nasty crap that she will like (my Cerveza's don't cut it although the last is not bad at all)?

Just buy her St George and brew the god stuff for myself?

New missus. Women come and go, but beer is forever.

just buy her st george and brew the good stuff for yourself...

why waste perfectly good brewing time on making crap beers...

Perhaps go halfway- make a light lager/pale ale which just isn't crazy on the flavour. Something easy drinking.

Just make the good stuff and get the cat to piss in her glass, everyone happy
Sorry, couldnt resist

She said go ask St George for sex....

I see her point....

Why not try her with an easy drinker like DrSmurto's Golden Ale, and brew your favourite for yourself ?
Everyone is happy that way.

Considering that Tasmania has some of the best barley and hops in Australia it always puzzles me that Boags products tend to taste like rusty nails to me. Including Tasman Bitter made for Liquorland.

For a BIAB you could maybe do about 4 kg of Galaxy Malt plus 500g of sugar like the commercial breweries do, go pure Pride of Ringwood and use a high attenuating yeast for that dry finish, maybe Nottingham Ale yeast?

St george is a great beer I don't see a problem. :p

Would like to educate her taste buds a little....

Sammy you need to get out more instead of cruising those popup sites....

St George should be far better this year with Wayne Bennett. :D

Considering that Tasmania has some of the best barley and hops in Australia it always puzzles me that Boags products tend to taste like rusty nails to me. Including Tasman Bitter made for Liquorland.

For a BIAB you could maybe do about 4 kg of Galaxy Malt plus 500g of sugar like the commercial breweries do, go pure Pride of Ringwood and use a high attenuating yeast for that dry finish, maybe Nottingham Ale yeast?

cascade are just as bad mate.

try living here...

Would like to educate her taste buds a little....
Just keep doing what your doing.......Improving techniques, making new beer styles, trying new methods, updating equipment and ingredients.....

She'll come around....until then buy St George.... (accompanied by knowing nod)

PB :beer:

Perhaps throw a honey ale her way? These go down well with the crowds I've found. That, and my infamous Coopers Cerveza tin with BE2...

...then I think 'Why bother?' and go back to making schwartzbiers, pilsners and stuff with hops in it. You know, real beer :D

- boingk

Coopers with BE2 i tried... not good enough

try this one
1 x Rapid Creek Lager
1kg Brew Booster
150g Vienna Grain
1 x 12g Perle Finishing Hop (Infusion Method)
1 x 12g Cascade Finishing Hop (Dry Method)

don't brew crap for her - brew what you like

maybe you could try expanding her beer horizons by buying her commercial beers with more flavour and if she gets used to those she should be more open to the taste or your home brews

Back