My Keezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tucker box died, so I dismantled it all.

I repurposed the stained ply and font is in the garage (not sure if I'll keep it for another project I have in the works or sell it just yet).

Looks fantastic !

I have a question though, will your first beer be a little warm and foamy?

doctr-dan said:
Looks fantastic !

I have a question though, will your first beer be a little warm and foamy?
Could be, when I gave it the test run I tipped the first half pint of every tap out so I don't know but when I poured tonight it was fine..

Both the font towers and the square tube has foam jammed in every place I could fit it so I think it might just be insulated enough.

As with all things though if it proves a problem I'll retrofit some conduit and a fan.

Judanero said:
Could be, when I gave it the test run I tipped the first half pint of every tap out so I don't know but when I poured tonight it was fine..

Both the font towers and the square tube has foam jammed in every place I could fit it so I think it might just be insulated enough.

As with all things though if it proves a problem I'll retrofit some conduit and a fan.

Purely asking as I'm about to attempt to build m own.
By stuffing foam every where wont that stop any cold air travelling through from the fridges anyway?

Blind Dog said:
Nice keezer, but same problem as the previous version with that bl@@dy bar mat
I thought the same, but if he leaves it there maybe it will degrade.

Tahoose said:
I thought the same, but if he leaves it there maybe it will degrade.
Not this season at least, maybe even lift the cup if we're lucky! ;)

doctr-dan said:
Purely asking as I'm about to attempt to build m own.
By stuffing foam every where wont that stop any cold air travelling through from the fridges anyway?
Yeah I guess it would, my thinking was instead of trying to cool the font I'd just try and stop/slow down the heat from outside permeating in.

I'm running 5mm beer line and there's only about 60cm of line outside of the fridge, which is about 12ml or so I think- not really enough for me to worry about cooling at the moment.

Back