Morgans Lme - What Are Ebc Values

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoey

Reaction score
Earlier this year Morgans changed their range of unhopped liquid malt extract.

Does anyone know the ebc values for the new range?

Why?

Does EBC affect flavour, aroma, hop utilisation, fermentability or aging potential?

I had already checked the Morgans website and I can't find any info even use the link supplied in an earlier post. Maybe I'm missing something but is there any info when you follow the link glaab?

I probably should have been a little clearer. Someone told me that the extracts are the same as what they were previously only that they have been renamed and some of the masterblends have been discontinued. I am trying to determine how the new range relates to the old.

Pretty much the way it worked out, and now Coopers owns Morgan's, Coopers make 5 extracts Wheat, Extra Pale, Pale, Amber and Dark. As there are now 5 "Master Blend" I recon you can take a stab at what's in the cans.

Try the Coopers website; I think the values for their malts will be surprisingly similar.

MHB

I click on the link I put up earlier and it says "Colour in 23 litres 3.0 ebc"
what more info are you after?

I got an "error on page" message - no info, perhaps you're still getting a cached page?
Or maybe the site is being reconstructed ...

EDIT

Wait ... just tried it in Firefox instead of IE and got the info...
May be a browser issue...

Thats what I'm after however that doesn't display for me. I'm using IE which appears to be at odds with their website.

Thanks for the help glaab?

xtra pale, 3.0 [in 23l];
pale, 5.0;
amber, 12.0;
dark, 50.0;

I use firefox. I just tried to open it with IE and the page opens but I don't see the info, fino

Pretty much the way it worked out, and now Coopers owns Morgan's, Coopers make 5 extracts Wheat, Extra Pale, Pale, Amber and Dark. As there are now 5 "Master Blend" I recon you can take a stab at what's in the cans.

Try the Coopers website; I think the values for their malts will be surprisingly similar.

MHB

Thanks for the info MHB - I'll check it out.

Latest posts

Back