Mmm....Is the Gov starting to crackdown on distilling ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wide eyed and legless said:
What was posted previously Seamad was Ged Kearney's interpretation which is false, here is the latest from an MP posted 23 hours ago.

http://lukehowarth.com.au/the-facts-china-free-trade-agreement/
I studied acupressure massage and for part of the study I went and worked in a chinese TCM hospital. One of the germs that was in our group wanted to bring a practitioner back to Australia and charge $120 and pay him $20 I spat the dummy and had a go at him and a few others who thought it was a good idea. That practitioner did 20 massages a day and was brilliant at his job no one could compete with him in experience or ability. My massage teacher got rorted in the same way and he fucked the blokes business (unintentionally) who did it to him. It is a small industry here and it is going to be fucked over by cheap labor.
A minority will gain the rest will lose out.

seamad said:
The Conversation is a left wing propaganda site, Ged Kearney was being interviewed by an ABC journalist, the only way you can more left wing bullshit than that, is to get the interview reviewed by The Conversation. I would be more inclined to take more notice of a paper put out by a federal MP than what the ACTU wants us to believe.

booargy, anyone working here is entitled, and must be paid the same rate of pay as Australian workers.

pcmfisher said:
Apparently all this was started because a bloke in Adelaide got sprung selling his moonshine out of the boot of his car in a pub car park.

The laws have not changed, it is just a question of whether they are going to police it, even if it is only to make an example of somebody.
Actually I think this might have all flared up thanks to the idiots selling distilling gear openly and obviously on the internet and more importantly on ebay.
When small brew shops were quietly selling to local clientèle the exposure was minimal, however now that ebay sales and internet stores have become so common it is too obvious for the ato to turn a blind eye to.

As far as I know the only people to have received a letter or email are brew shops, online suppliers and ebay stores and not the general public.

Also I believe that a couple of stores in QLD were doing demonstrations of 30 lt stills in their stores, go figure.

The Conversation is a left wing propaganda site, Ged Kearney was being interviewed by an ABC journalist, the only way you can more left wing bullshit than that, is to get the interview reviewed by The Conversation. I would be more inclined to take more notice of a paper put out by a federal MP than what the ACTU wants us to believe.

booargy, anyone working here is entitled, and must be paid the same rate of pay as Australian workers.
I'm happy for you that you have such trust in the lnp government.
Right/Left is a matter of perspective of course. I suspect when you look right politically there's nothing to your right, so naturally everything else is of course left wing bullshit. I don't find the conversation to be left at all. Maybe you should read this, it's certainly left (and very funny I think ) http://www.ellistabletalk.com/2015/06/29/the-fifty-six-worst-things-the-liberals-did-yesterday-284/
I will warn you though that your head may explode upon reading it, you have been warned.

All good in a perfect world but doesn't happen in reality.

AndrewQLD that makes sense there are some suppliers who are selling commercial sized gear and there is no restrictions yet.

The government are there to serve me - I don't serve the government. I'm a citizen, I pay taxes so I'm entitled to tell those fuckers what to do; not the other way 'round. (I know this is partially wishful thinking.). I hurt no-one, I steal from no-one, I impose my beliefs on no-one, so the pollies can fu(k right off.

Lincoln2 said:
The government are there to serve me - I don't serve the government. I'm a citizen, I pay taxes so I'm entitled to tell those fuckers what to do; not the other way 'round. (I know this is partially wishful thinking.). I hurt no-one, I steal from no-one, I impose my beliefs on no-one, so the pollies can fu(k right off.
Kyogle I a place unto it self you will be safe lincoln

The first article by about Karen Nettleton's grand children I believe is not that far from the realms of reality, I am sure Julie Bishop would be, (I won't say happy) but relieved if a drone hit the target and eliminated the problem she has with the return of those children.

Walk into a local HBS....Turbo yeast, stills, flavouring essence...

Nothing to see here.....move along

Lincoln2 said:
Isnt it sad in this day and age that people who started their career in their early 20's.....as politicians....and have been there for 20yrs...and are still there...

Is there something I am not seeing in this picture

booargy said:
All good in a perfect world but doesn't happen in reality.
You are not aware of Fair work Australia, even if an employee is not a permanent resident he is entitled to the same wages as an Aussie or Permanent resident.

You are not aware of Fair work Australia, even if an employee is not a permanent resident he is entitled to the same wages as an Aussie or Permanent resident.
Yeah yeah
You are not allowed to have a still so nobody must have one

Nothing to admire in that ability when it's a one horse race. :lol:
It certainly is a one horse race when sovereign governments cede regulatory control through Investor State Disputes Settlement clauses in Free Trade Agreements. FTAs are anathema to democracy.

earle said:
Couldn't be bothered watching the video but other information on the ATO website suggests that excise is payable even if you don't have an excise license and are distilling illegally.

The ATO is right into data matching from all sorts of sources. If they could get there hands on a list of people with stills I wouldn't put it past them to match that against tax returns, centrelink data and bank account information to identify people who are potentially distilling and selling their product illegally. Even if those people were then shut down the ATO would swoop in with deemed assessments for excise, GST and income tax.

I can't see them being that interested in people who do it for their own consumption only. Cost versus benefit doesn't work in their favour.
Data matching would be how they catch people , living beyond your means...gotcha.

Latest posts

Back