Mmm....Is the Gov starting to crackdown on distilling ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
They would rather spend money on union witch hunts and inquiries into the ABC....
And so they should that and the ISIL shit that is going on in France and other places

Well next time you take annual leave, sick pay, get award wages, a 5 day working week etc...

I am pretty sure you are not about to give those up....

Ducatiboy stu said:
Well next time you take annual leave, sick pay, get award wages, a 5 day working week etc...
be thankful that back in the 20's-60's, unionised work forces gained these and then they became state/country mandated laws

And you're assuming if unions disappeared tomorrow those working conditions would instantly be eroded? (considering the vast majority of employed people in this country aren't part of a union.. its somewhere around what, 20%?)

SBOB said:
be thankful that back in the 20's-60's, unionised work forces gained these and then they became state/country mandated laws

And you're assuming if unions disappeared tomorrow those working conditions would instantly be eroded? (considering the vast majority of employed people in this country aren't part of a union.. its somewhere around what, 20%?)
They would not be "insatntly erroded".....but they will be...

If the LNP get their way...it will happen...they are already trying it on....

Interesting. I received a blanket (i.e. not addressed to anyone in particular) email from the ATO the other day at work regarding the possible manufacture, selling and ownership of distilling equipment. Telling the dos and donts etc. It was marked as possible spam so I deleted it.

wide eyed and legless said:
I don't, and you can throw the Age Newspaper into that mix too.
We have a gem of a paper in NSW called " The Daily Telegraph "....its a ******* ripper of a news paper...

Ducatiboy stu said:
We have a gem of a paper in NSW called " The Daily Telegraph "....its a ******* ripper of a news paper...
Great paper the Tele (as is the courier mail and the herald sun). Always well researched and factually based articles and never inflammatory. I especially like what Andrew Bolt has to say, such a reasonable and measured commentator who is always on the side of Team Australia, unlike the lefty lynch mob from the ABC.

P.S. I love how the conservatives, the usual bastions of free speech, are deriding the ABC for allowing someone to express that same freedom they supposedly hold so dearly.

Fire away.

wobbly said:
And so they should that and the ISIL shit that is going on in France and other places
One could reasonably enquire what ISIL or France has to do with the discussion.
I know Stu was marginally tangential with some of his references but how did we end up in France? Islamic State? That doesn't have the faintest bit of relevance.

To all : the illegality of distillation in AU is well known by most here which is one reason why discussion of technical aspects is discouraged from an official perspective. This discussion is mostly about political climate in regards to illegal distillation - plese keep it that way and maybe the thread won't get locked (no promises - discussion with other mods may see closure anyway).

Homebrewing doesn't fly as far under the radar as you might think.
The BasicsCard income management system for welfare recipients (first rolled out as a way of dealing with the societal epidemic of unacceptable widespread and rife poor behaviour...wait, sarcasm or parody, I can never tell...) is being applied to other people and not just remote blackfella communities. On the extensive list of contraband are "home-brew kits and home-brew concentrate".
Now it's easy to say "Yeah, and why should dead shits, druggies and drongos who I hafta support with my taxes get blah blah blah..." but take the view that really this is nothing but the thin edge of the wedge applicable to ALL recipients of Gov monies. Did you really put all your Part A Family rebate into 'The Family", or has a little bled off into "ancillary personal benefits". Naughty you.
Now I freely admit to still being on a bender following the Mighty Tigers famous victory last night, and can be a little ranty. But these fkrs in Gov, of both stripes, just can't help but stick their fingers into society and tinker & tweak till it looks & smells acceptable to them.
Now if you'll excuse me...

SHOTS.jpg

I take care of myself, and I can do it far better than any union could ever do.
Not everyone is as awesome as you are though. Ever thought maybe you'd like to help workers who are not in a position to look after themselves. Hence unions. Sometimes life is about thinking about others. It's the most vulnerable members of our society that need the most help.

You don't have to be awesome to make and achieve your own goals, same as the executives of the unions you will not see any redundancies there, you think they care how many workers get made redundant, course not, you keep paying your union fees keep them in a job with a nice lucrative salary.

Bridges said:
Not everyone is as awesome as you are though. Ever thought maybe you'd like to help workers who are not in a position to look after themselves. Hence unions. Sometimes life is about thinking about others. It's the most vulnerable members of our society that need the most help.
:icon_offtopic: Bridges, I spent a 20+ year career in Worker's Compensation, looking after injured workers & making sure they were getting everything they were entitled-to, whilst supporting them as they got themselves back to work. Guess where I got the BIGGEST resistance to all of my efforts? Yep! ******* UNIONS!!

Go figure.....

You don't have to be awesome to make and achieve your own goals, same as the executives of the unions you will not see any redundancies there, you think they care how many workers get made redundant, course not, you keep paying your union fees keep them in a job with a nice lucrative salary.
But you still reap the benefits of what the union gained for us in this modern age...dont you....and you know you do

Love my 8 hour days and dont want the gove-ment tellin me what I can brew! LNP ( and the ALP) alrady eroding my rights with the WWW. Go the Greens! At least they wanna protect the worker.

manticle said:
I know Stu was marginally tangential with some of his references but how did we end up in France? Islamic State? That doesn't have the faintest bit of relevance.
Now there's an understatement for you!!!!

The jump to the what ISIL have claimed to be responsible for in France is no bigger jump than the original poster change and referencing unions, the ABC and funding priest in schools as a government priority

My reference was in support of the governments priorities in getting to the bottom of union corruption, the irresponsible management of the ABC and the focus on all forms of terrorism both in Australia and abroard

I'm with WEAL and I have managed my own affairs all my working life (and now retirement) without any interference from unions

Back