Mini Keg Discussion / Mods / Show Off - Dedicated Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, just had a night of geeky fun checking the tare of all my kegs and writing it on them. So much easier.

for those looking for a solution to hop these kegs, i picked up one of these from t2 today. fits nicely inside. havnt used it yet but looks like it will work perfectly.

A30000162_t2-tea-stick_p1.png

I would like to get my hands on a failed regulator if anyone has one.

ATHB has requested my faulty one in return for the replacement, but I'm happy to be a guinea pig while I wait for the return parcel

ATHB are going to send me one I believe.

That's a bugger mtb.
Mine is working a treat, force carbed aswell. Took one bulb to carb up and put a new one in to dispense (5L).
I'm going to try naturally priming with my next batch.
Now I need to get some 19L Corny's and all that get up...

I have two and never had a problem, in fact one still has gas since Christmas.

Hi guys mini keg fridge, notice not my mini keg beer fridge, at the moment only two lines, think that will become three, 1 for carbing, 2 pouring, via a two way manifold, can squeeze three kegs on that shelf, not allowed any more space, hence mini kegs, still have stubbies as well, in the door.
The one on the right is one of the two initial kegging attempts, other been emtied, pours ok now the carbonation is under control, both sugar primed, way too much. The left one is another brew CO2 carbed, been doing a lot of research on carbonation, unfortunately a lot slips through. Anyway, i had it at 14-15psi for a couple of days, took it to 20psi for 8hrs yesterday, back to 12-13psi, poured ok yesterday, seemed a bit flat, hence 20psi, today another sample at 10psi ok but not very fast, upped psi to 15 no faster but then foam, aah f!!??k, over carbed i think. Took off gas, released pressure, sat on top of the fridge for 1/2hr and poured 200ml ok, so when to put back on the gas?
Beer fridge 1.jpgBeer fridge 2.jpg

The problem with using these minikegs in a setup like yours is, you've got no length of beer line between your keg and tap. Most online forums/resources discussing kegging will assume that you have beer line - and beer line introduces resistance, so when your beer flows out the keg and to your tap, it "slows" down and pours nicely. Without beer line, you'll pour way faster, and all that nice carbonation is probably escaping immediately - hence your flat pour.

By upping/reducing your pressure so much it's hard to say whether you've overcarbed. Set your pressure to 5psi and pour a glass and let me know how it looks.

mtb said:
The problem with using these minikegs in a setup like yours is, you've got no length of beer line between your keg and tap. Most online forums/resources discussing kegging will assume that you have beer line - and beer line introduces resistance, so when your beer flows out the keg and to your tap, it "slows" down and pours nicely. Without beer line, you'll pour way faster, and all that nice carbonation is probably escaping immediately - hence your flat pour.

By upping/reducing your pressure so much it's hard to say whether you've overcarbed. Set your pressure to 5psi and pour a glass and let me know how it looks.
Drinking a stubby at the mo, will have to wait a few minutes for a new pour. Yeah was thinking the other day about line length or lack of with mini kegs, wonder how they would go with more pick up tube twirled around the bottom?, i think with carbonation under control shouldn't need to, as the other one pours ok set at around 8psi, so maybe too much pressure, will find out shortly.
Have ordered new gauges 0-30psi for a bit more accuracy

Did the flow control help?
Just keep pouring until you need to put the gas in. A few weeks ago I managed to dispense half a 5L keg on it's own (forgetting to bring the Mini Reg), and since then managed to dispense the rest of it also without additional gas.

This is why I've got a bronco tap and if all continues to go well I'll get a good quality Pluto gun

EalingDrop said:
Did the flow control help?
Just keep pouring until you need to put the gas in. A few weeks ago I managed to dispense half a 5L keg on it's own (forgetting to bring the Mini Reg), and since then managed to dispense the rest of it also without additional gas.
Hi Ealing, the one on the right is pouring ok and that's where i leave the control, i think they help, wouldn't know for sure as don't have a normal tap, at 8psi pours ok. Stupid me, put gas on and poured, foam, could hear the gassing going on inside the keg, turned gas off started to pour ok, so will just release pressure or pour periodically.

peekaboo_jones said:
This is why I've got a bronco tap and if all continues to go well I'll get a good quality Pluto gun
Hey peekaboo, someone else said they use a picnic tap with no problems, maybe they also carbonate correctly, i think that's a big secret with mini kegs and very little hose length.

Ive used a pluto gun with ahh, 3?m of ermm 5?mm line at normal pressure and it worked great.

Basically follow the normal line guidelines and you can dispense at normal gas pressure - if you want to use a pluto etc.

I reckon just have the whole shebang in an esky. Or fit an esky with taps and requisite line.

I have a couple of flow control taps left after my downsize, these work great. The only problem being if you take, say two kegs to a party, someone has to fu#ck with the flow control on the taps!.

I have ordered a couple of bronco's form China, complete with disconnects and line for $15.00. Maybe a little more idiot proof, if not I'm the idiot that did $15.00. :lol: :p

DSCF7393.JPG

Batz said:
I have a couple of flow control taps left after my downsize, these work great. The only problem being if you take, say two kegs to a party, someone has to fu#ck with the flow control on the taps!.

I have ordered a couple of bronco's form China, complete with disconnects and line for $15.00. Maybe a little more idiot proof, if not I'm the idiot that did $15.00. :lol: :p
post-198-0-16217300-1484131788.jpg

What a great photo...

He has posted it three times so far.. I still don't get tired of it.

Photo request:
1. Pils
2. Porter
3. Red
4. Amber

[emoji16]

Latest posts

Back