Mini Keg Discussion / Mods / Show Off - Dedicated Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got free shipping to Bendigo so it probably depends who their courier is and if they have an office in the town you live in

Soooo, anyone else have a problem with the welding on the top plate where the side seam meets?

Pretty pissed off at the moment as I just filled my second 5l with some goodness to take to a meet tomorrow, whacked the gas on and heard air escaping and beer bubbling at the seam.

I have video but don't know how to upload. Hopefully the pic will show enough.

1483695029300.jpg

1483695048273.jpg

Photo shows it just fine mate. I heard there was one other and Mark sorted it in a day. I can't remember if you're in Brisbane. I've got two spare if you want to borrow mine.

Thanks Zorco, yep in Brisbane but I have another (just have to drink the 2l in it which won't be a problem and then transfer across, ) I could just do without it tonight after an arse kicking at work all week and receiving 4 out of 6 SN tulips delivered broken yesterday..... when it rains...

Thanks for the offer though, you're a champ.

That's a shit grouping of beer problems. Well, good that you've paid up front and have a trouble free 2017 to enjoy.

:)

If something else random happens, give me a shout.

Such 1st World problems I'm having....

Cheers mate, what's your mobile number so next time I can't get a taxi I'll give you a call

Or if you pull a Swedish tourist and are feeling a bit too sleepy to make it back to hers....

Anyone had any more luck with the mini rega had it replaced and just not responsive. Such a bummer as its an awesome kit!

still waiting on some answers/feedback from Mark/Matt at ATHB
I had one replaced, but the replacement had the same issue

Others on here have had the same problem, but I havent seen a conclusive 'solution' yet

Did you catch my post on unscrewing the bulb a bit. It improved flowrate a lot on that occasion. It may be possible the flow choke is happening at the bulb face from the barb.

could it be the hole on the gasket being too small and when the bulb screwed up it closes the passage for gas down to a minimum

Zorco said:
Did you catch my post on unscrewing the bulb a bit. It improved flowrate a lot on that occasion. It may be possible the flow choke is happening at the bulb face from the barb.
yep,tried that on mine with zero difference...until i unscrewed it too far and then the co2 came out much faster, but not in the direction i wanted :) )

we bought them in the bulk buy that we did.
theres a new one running atm in the bulk buy section.

Latest posts

Back