Mini Keg Discussion / Mods / Show Off - Dedicated Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have one of those fancy looking things but I do have a 10L keg as of the other day that I'll be blending the surplus of similar batches in, ~5L of each one. Probably doesn't really count for this thread though. :p

Batz said:
I wonder if there is a rubber seal that can be compressed too much and block the outlet of the bulb?
I think so or something just like this.

Kingy, elaborate on your experience more. I'm keen to see if we can help the whole community with this flow problem...

Well I used this Christmas Day and it worked great. I put already chilled kegs in there with a bag of ice at 8.30am. This morning there was still plenty of ice left.
These would be great for a weekend away, camping etc.

I'll be making another and moving the kegs nearer the edge to make it easier to get your glass under the tap.

DSCF7457.JPG

I for one have not had much luck with the reg. First to times worked no issue and reg was really reponsive. I usually tranfet from keg to mini keg via outlet post.

Last few times the regulator just doesnt seem to move when connceted to the mini reg, Ive even had Mark swap it over. Hopefully there is a simple solution

Howdy,

I'm a newbie to what keg posts are meant to look like. On the out-of-focus pic of the beer post, you can see the red seal is visible and the pin is off-centre. On the other pic of the gas post, the pin seems more depressed than other keg posts I've seen (not many!).

It's holding pressure and not leaking, but are these normal, or should I use a wrench to get them off and recenter?

Cheers,
B

IMG_6709.jpg

IMG_6707v2.jpg

bingggo said:
Howdy,

I'm a newbie to what keg posts are meant to look like. On the out-of-focus pic of the beer post, you can see the red seal is visible and the pin is off-centre. On the other pic of the gas post, the pin seems more depressed than other keg posts I've seen (not many!).

It's holding pressure and not leaking, but are these normal, or should I use a wrench to get them off and recenter?

Cheers,
B
It is fine champ, ignore it.

Don't ignore it. Use keg lube so that it seats properly. However, don't worry about it.

I recently enjoyed a 5l keg of smurtos via gas at normal (~100kpa) and a pluto gun with a couple of meters of line.

Went well, all good, no stuffing around with pressures etc.

Did it from the fridge, but I reckon will go as well from an esky.

Nothing special but it was the first time I have had the mini kegs out and they worked great. Managed to empty both kegs on xmas eve and then again on xmas day which left space to brew again on boxing day. These little kegs are going to allow me to brew more often if I can get the beer mobile and let others drink it! Also good to get feedback from non craft drinkers that homebrew can be good.
Served @ 4psi or so and only hooked up the reg when it wouldn't pour anymore. Used close to 2 x 16g to dispense both kegs but I lost a bit of gas when screwing the first one in.
Bit of ice in the bottom and served cold all day.

20161224_145321.jpg

kegs.jpg

poured a 5 and a 4 over christmas on one gas bulb. was very happy.

husky said:
These little kegs are going to allow me to brew more often if I can get the beer mobile and let others drink it!
Precisely why I got these. No way my drinking can keep up with how often I want to brew.

Xmas...
Double kegs in action.

20161227_135755.jpg

Carbonation Cap used as a connector
20161227_135828.jpg

Dunkleweizen (2.5 Co2/Vol)
20161227_140000.jpg

Hefeweizen (3.3 Co2/Vol)
20161227_141407.jpg

NYE...
Mini Keg with tap only (forgot to bring the regulator :ph34r:).
Decided not to use PRV as needed the carbonation pressure to dispense. Slow pour and 5 minute intervals, managed to serve 3/4 of 5L.

20161231_191216.jpg

Happy 2017 folks!

Really stoked with these, I bought them from Beerkat who currently have them on special. I believe they will be fantastic for a BBQ with a few mates, take the keg out of your fridge, fit the stubby holder and away you go.
Very well made and a great fit.
Never bought from Beerkat before so no affiliation blar blar. Just a happy customer.

$16.00 for the 5lt one.

http://www.beerkat.com.au/product/keg-cooler-sleeves-s1-89l-m-3-78l-l-5l/

DSCF7468.JPG

DSCF7470.JPG

Just ordered two of these babies - on special as Batz says and free shipping to Brisbane.

LAGERFRENZY said:
Just ordered two of these babies - on special as Batz says and free shipping to Brisbane.
Yes free shipping to capital cities, although worked for me as well. :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back