Mini Keg Discussion / Mods / Show Off - Dedicated Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My setup for first use at a friend's place - mini keg in a cooler bag with ice packs around it. Worked a treat! Only problem is that 5L doesn't last as long as I thought!

Also, while we're talking about pimping them with stickers......

20161112_184339.jpg

20161119_113044.jpg

My brothers and a friend got them from the PL guys at Bendigo On the Hop.
I'm assuming that they got them for themselves, as they didn't mention them to me. But then they left them in my car....so I'm taking that as a fair exchange, seeing as though I put all of them up for the night here!

malt junkie said:
only when it looks that damn sexy!

Reminder bring some merch to the swap, I'll bring my wallet, need a new hat!
No worries, will do :)

Redman9 said:
yummybear: Stickers look great, they're transparent?

This is how I transfer since I don't have a spunding valve. Just use a ball or needle valve to let out a bit of pressure for flow.
attachicon.gif
20160705_150302 (Medium).jpg

The keg was blocked from a dry hop, so that's why its on it's side and I'm transferring out of the gas post.
Another great use for our mini-kegs, transferring the last of a blocked keg.
Yeah the stickers are transparent, they are printed on clear. We did some on white and the last ones on clear. I think I like the clear ones better as the colours come out more metallic on the kegs.

Mardoo said:
Man, these things work great if you get the disconnects on the right posts! Derp...

And I'm in for some Bandicoot swag too if it comes along.
No worries Mardoo. Will bring plenty along.

Anyone know of a cheap source of the double ball lock heads?
By that I mean these;
ball-lock-mini-keg-spear_600x.png

I can pick one up from iKegger for $60 but I guess after the bulk buy I have a taste for bargains and can't help but look for something cheaper.

mtb said:
I can pick one up from iKegger for $60 but I guess after the bulk buy I have a taste for bargains and can't help but look for something cheaper.
why not go to our supplier?

He's the dude that came to the party and I'd support his business over ikegger any day..

*ed: Im sure he'll play nice if you contact him as a party to the BB to do follow on custom..

;)

**ED: Ive said it before, ikegger were given the opportunity to quote for us and blatantly threw the racket at me/us, Mark gave a very good option and therefore won the gig and has done, in my book, exceptionally well in it. I'd happily give the guy any further runs we do, as far as I'm concerned he's our mini keg supplier. I feel weve been well looked after and if anyone wants to discuss the difference in the quotes, I'm happy to look them up again, but we saved big time with the deal we got... yes, Im biased, but I saw the numbers from the beginning and had even got quotes from OS to supply and import myself.. by FAR.. ATHB wins my custom hands down.. I'd urge anyone that was a part of the buy, or not, to continue to support him. He is one of us now. ikegger (bah, how the **** can you even name a business that) arent here or do they support us.

mini keg rant over.. :lol:

mtb said:
By that I mean these;
ball-lock-mini-keg-spear_600x.png

Have you tried ATHB (mark) who supplied the BB? Id give him a call. I called after the BB closed and he was happy to add to my original order for the same price as the BB.

Edit: just realised Yob just beat to the punch[emoji482]

I think mtb is just being resourceful, not pro or anti supplier.

Mate, I'm interested in some more kit as well, let's get in touch and see what mark can arrange. I'll start a PM with you and Mark after I help one of my kids get back to sleep.

mtb said:
I would be interested as well, haven't purchased mini kegs yet, but these are the heads I want.

Why did I not immediately think ATHB... thanks Yob for the shoutout.

Alright let's get on it. I'm in for two BL heads.

Separately - TJP - I really don't need three 5L minikegs, if you'd like one for $50 plus postage from Canberra then PM me. Then all you need is a BL head.

Pfft, wont be anything significant this close to Christmas. Just filling the gaps in our equipment.

Two more 5tl tanks please.

Latest posts

Back