Mini Keg Bulk Buy MKIV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Les, I obviously wasn't aware of that. On a couple of occasions when I've been fishing and haven't caught anything the green prawns I was using for bait started to look awfully tempting....

I am defo keen for a 5ltr unit with all the bells and whistles... Please inform me how and when?

I live up in the FNQ, what would postage be?

A question though, do you just fill up from ur beer tap at home close it pressurize and you are away???

I heard there are 2 different units a threaded spear and disconnect unit, which one is best?

ChefKing said:
Please inform me how and when?

I live up in the FNQ, what would postage be?

A question though, do you just fill up from ur beer tap at home close it pressurize and you are away???

I heard there are 2 different units a threaded spear and disconnect unit, which one is best?
Next year, expect by about March?

postage is $16 per full base unit +4 for tanks thereafter.

I use a jumper hose, 2 ball lock liquid disconnects, attach one end to the big keg, the other end to the mini keg and release the prv and away it goes.

not sure what you mean by the last question, we have been getting ball lock heads with them, there is another type but we decided pretty early on in BB MkI that the BL head unit was the way to go.

Having received my first order this week, I'll be in again.

2 x 5L Full Unit
1 x 5L Tank

I so want to be one of the cool kids and get some of these kegs but have spent a lot recently so I'm keen but it does depend on when this goes ahead.

Bridges said:
I so want to be one of the cool kids and get some of these kegs but have spent a lot recently so I'm keen but it does depend on when this goes ahead.
1 week to go til sleighbells ring. Write it in your letter to Santa.

Bridges said:
Read the first post all

Yob said:
Next year, expect by about March?

postage is $16 per full base unit +4 for tanks thereafter.

I use a jumper hose, 2 ball lock liquid disconnects, attach one end to the big keg, the other end to the mini keg and release the prv and away it goes.

not sure what you mean by the last question, we have been getting ball lock heads with them, there is another type but we decided pretty early on in BB MkI that the BL head unit was the way to go.
March....MARCH! I'm not sure I can wait that long after reading all these threads with you guys showing them off, making mods, cooler boxes etc. I am extremely jealous as I always seem to miss out on these bulk buys and when I finally do get in on one it probably isn't going to be for nearly another 4mths. I might just have to bite the bullet and grab one from Mark, if he has any stock left or find someone else in the meantime to sooth my Stainless envy.

Im still in though.

It's the lead time from China, this promises to be as big or bigger than mk 2 and that was at least 3 pallets of tanks / gear

A part of it, if not most, will need to be manufactured so we compound the issue with the way we run these, slowly building up the order, makes it difficult for Mark to order a number that's adequate for us and for him.

FWP really...

Yob said:
It's the lead time from China, this promises to be as big or bigger than mk 2 and that was at least 3 pallets of tanks / gear

A part of it, if not most, will need to be manufactured so we compound the issue with the way we run these, slowly building up the order, makes it difficult for Mark to order a number that's adequate for us and for him.

FWP really...
Actually, that is all rather trivial.

The main issue is that Mark from All Things Home Brew has indicated that he may not carry on with the bulk buys.

So, what might seem like an eternity of waiting is nothing at all. It's the right timing to consider the financial recovery of us all in the new year and an ideal time for a retailer as end of Jan into Feb-March are quieter months*

Let's just cruise into this. It won't be complicated and it may or may not be as big as MKII; but if it is ATHB's last one then I hope every AHB'r gets a fair shot.

I'm not expecting much more than people posting their interest for the next 4 weeks until momentum develops and the spreadsheet is running

*Source: 8 years in retail, the last 4 while getting my degree.

Brownsworthy said:
March....MARCH! I'm not sure I can wait that long after reading all these threads
:) Understood, but it was a pretty impressive achievement on your behalf to have missed all of the previous ones...

You won't this time, that's for sure.

If I'm not overstepping the mark, I reckon I could land them cheaper for Mark than what he's currently paying for freight...... Happy to look at it for you Mark (if that's something you wanted to look at Mark).

I own a freight forwarding company and China is our biggest trade lane.

Sorry if this is inappropriate to put out there.

Bones99 said:
If I'm not overstepping the mark, I reckon I could land them cheaper for Mark than what he's currently paying for freight...... Happy to look at it for you Mark (if that's something you wanted to look at Mark).

I own a freight forwarding company and China is our biggest trade lane.

Sorry if this is inappropriate to put out there.
If it sways him into doing more bulk buys.. no, not inappropriate at all..

Latest posts

Back