Mercurios Menu Kenya Speacial

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercs Own

blabla
Reaction score
No this isnt off topic but it is self serving! Today around Australia on channel 7 at 4.30 the one hour Kenya speacial is screening and yes I do go to a brewery in Nairobi - good beer and really good food! If you get the chance to watch the show I am sure you will enjoy it. BTW it screens at 4pm in Brisbane but 4.30 everywhere else.

cheers

No this isnt off topic but it is self serving! Today around Australia on channel 7 at 4.30 the one hour Kenya speacial is screening and yes I do go to a brewery in Nairobi - good beer and really good food! If you get the chance to watch the show I am sure you will enjoy it. BTW it screens at 4pm in Brisbane but 4.30 everywhere else.

cheers

Thanks for the heads up.
I'll tune in & check it out. :icon_cheers:

will fire up the tele and catch the show

Lipton Tea/Kenya Special
Classified:
G
Genre:
Lifestyle
A trip to Kenya takes in the country's beautiful landscapes, allowing Paul Mercurio to grab some fantastic food and meet some wonderful people. With its vibrant culture and differing traditions, Paul soon realises that Kenya offers up a wealth of fresh produce, whether it's locally sourced meat, exotic beers, stunning tea leaves direct from the fields or fresh fruit and veg collected from the local markets. And most importantly, it's all on the menu!

I love when they write this sort of thing - "Paul soon realises that Kenya offers up a wealth of fresh produce, whether it's locally sourced meat, exotic beers, stunning tea leaves direct from the fields or fresh fruit and veg collected from the local markets..."

in fact if I didnt realise there was good produce to be had there I wouldnt have gone!

I did some pieces to camera in front of wild game and two wildlife park rangers complete with 303's ready to shoot to kill just in case....most likely me if I didnt get it right!

Tuning in mate,top spot to visit,wasnt too keen on "White Cap" lager!

Hey Merc, were you concerned about the cleanliness of the wooden board they cut up the goat on ?? :lol:

Screwy

the bbq goat from the Masai looked a bit chewy..nice to see Lipton's involvment in the worker's well being

Yeah I was pretty much concerned about a lot of the cleanliness factors and the cooking - different country vastly different standards - best not to look! Didnt get sick though!

The Masai goat was really good however he gave me a really chewy bit on camera!!!

It's a bit of an eye opener in relation to our food laws. Imagine a beast hanging up in the open here like that.
I wish the brewery segment was a bit longer, looks like a fantastic set up.
Did you get to taste all the beers on offer?

I was channel flicking and caught this, the wife and I both thought it was quite good, the tea leaf picking was quite funny!

Bugger I missed it, turned to Channel 7 for Sydney Weekender just before 5.30pm and there is none other than yours truly, Mr Merc. Anyone know if it is due for a replay anytime soon? I've been enjoying the new series of Mercurio's Menu on Sundays, always good viewing that. Cheerz Wabster.

I missed it also...looking for a reapeat!? Anything on the HD channels or Foxtell? Got a link for us to email and hassle them to repeat is Merc?

Cheers!

Great show Paul. I was up in the shed having a few 4 Pines Pale Ales when watching. Keep up the good work.

daniel

This was a one off showing for the time been - the series wont start in Vic till October so I imagine the Kenya ep may get another airing around then - the same goes with other states. The show is airing in NSW so I dont know if the Kenya ep will get another run. The network is very frustrating and less than supportive!! It would be great if we got great ratings for this showing however a 4.30 timeslot is a challenge.

Series 1, 2 and 3 have been sold to lifestyle and I hear that they may commence screening around August - I will let you know if I hear anything else.

Yes I did try all of the beers and they were all pretty damn good except for his Pilsner which I think had a slight infection - the brewer thought it was a style choice - slightly dirty, sour, harsh are not a style choice I would be going for.

ps keep an eye on the HD 7 the show may pop uo there.

Hey Merc how about a show on up and coming aussie micros and their beers,loved the series about Dogfish Head on fox
:icon_cheers:

Hey Merc how about a show on up and coming aussie micros and their beers,loved the series about Dogfish Head on fox
:icon_cheers:

I first pitched a series about travelling around to micro breweries to the head of development at channel 9 back in the late 90's he said no. I pitched to channel 10, 7 and foxtel and they said no. I have revisited this idea a few times to no avail. I am currently trying to get this idea up in NZ where their seems to be more interest.

At least on my show I can go to the micros, check them and the beer out and then use it in the cooking. It is important to me as a foodie, a home brewer and a commited drinker of quality ale and lager that I give the Micros a voice on my show (and my up coming beer cook book). Getting a whole series up just on micros or just on beer is proving to be very difficult. I havent given up but I have been working on it now for 15 years. :blink:

Latest posts

Back