Melbourne Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd think so, I haven't fixed it up with them yet, but do bear in mind they have brew demos that day so putting our pallets out might be something they want to do before that, i.e. before 10 AM.

Sounds OK to me if they do, but I'll contact in a few days and confirm what exactly it is :)

Kind of off topic.I will be selling a couple of sets of scales at the swap meet at westgate HQ on saturday so if some are required they will be there fo the bag splitters.they max out at 5KG and have been used in comercial kitchens.At 2kg they where about 10-20grams out.

All payments received and payment forwarded to Grain and Grape today, evening.

Every last person has paid OK :)

Cheers guys, I'll call them tomorrow and ask about the exact program for the day.

Hello BB'yers. G&G got the money and also confirmed that the grain would be there in stock in time. So Sat is all fixed up for.

Now, about pickup times. They are starting off their program at 9. So, they want to put it all out by 9. I needto be there to begin with so things kick off, but seeing as I travel across town, I need a volunteer who lives close to G&G as a backup who can also get there at or before 9, just in case it takes me too long to get there. I'll pass on the name to John at grain and grape and the order list to you.

Apart from that, we can all start planning the good stuff we all want to brew from sat on :)

Cheers and beers

Hello BB'yers. G&G got the money and also confirmed that the grain would be there in stock in time. So Sat is all fixed up for.

Now, about pickup times. They are starting off their program at 9. So, they want to put it all out by 9. I needto be there to begin with so things kick off, but seeing as I travel across town, I need a volunteer who lives close to G&G as a backup who can also get there at or before 9, just in case it takes me too long to get there. I'll pass on the name to John at grain and grape and the order list to you.

Apart from that, we can all start planning the good stuff we all want to brew from sat on :)

Cheers and beers
I live very close and would be happy to be there early but will need to be away by 9.30am to take the kids to swimming lessons.

in the past, we usually have the pallets out of the warehouse and into the car back by 9am - which clears some space for John's demos...

Damn, Finished by 9am....

I've gotta drive 3 hours to get there. lol

Hmm. gonna be an early start :p

Nah, he just means it is all out of the way in the shop by then. AHBers will be bringing down the tone of the place well into the afternoon if there's a demo on, I'd imagine.

Hehehe, yea... only starting by 9. There'd be a fair bit going on at g&g that day, I imagine them being flat out on the day ;)
But yes, we start at 9 but should finish the grain pickup part as soon as possible, let's say everybody pls try to pickup your rain by midday.

PK... You still need my scales ?

No issue if you do... I just need to remember to put them in the car before I come over.

Duck

Pls do duck :) there are very few splits, so most likely we'll have them done and packed while you or anyone else is shopping :)

PS: what was it, 1g spec/split?! ;P

Oh no... I'm not that cheap ;)

At least 100g specialty per split.

Duck

I think in my drunken stupier on satdy I organised some one to pick mine up, n e 1 remember who it was :)

I think it was Mat H but no guarentee.

Has anyone noticed the weather report for Friday/saturday?

Storms and 20-40m of rain each day. 3 pallets inside I'd reckon.........

I think in my drunken stupier on satdy I organised some one to pick mine up, n e 1 remember who it was :)

I think it was Mat H but no guarentee.

I can pick up your grain - will drop it off when I get back. I may be very thirsty by that stage though ;-)

If anybody has a few empty grain bags for me, I would be very grateful. If you have spares, I'll be there first thing till 10ish. I'll be the one with the Long Trail beer t-shirt and huge grin. They can also be left with PracticallyAFool (PK) if we miss one another.

Thanks in advance,

R

BTW If there is someone who cannot make it on the day, I am in Caulfield and have plenty of space to store the bags.

R

never been to g&g before, so should be fun :) see you guys ~9-9:30ish... I assume it will be pretty easy to find a bunch of pplz hanging out in the carpark with heaps of grains... !!

Back