Melbourne Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for today hope you can use that bag of grain i gave you.

Yeah mate that was me, nice to meet you (even though we didn't chinwag) :icon_cheers: .

Yeah mate that was me, nice to meet you (even though we didn't chinwag) :icon_cheers: .

Quick handshake that we'll have to expand on next time (no willies or innuendos involved). Early in the morning + strangers plus brewing nerd types can make that initial transition into conversation difficult. Something about the previous La Vey references coupled with the goatee made me think it was you.

Assumed Bum would be more cheeky though.

Aha, that was you. I have been wondering all the way back who exactly was it. I definitely will mate, I'm guessing it is used very sparingly considering the strong roast it has. Mmmmmmm, thanks buddy. Much appreciated.

And I'll cheer to everyone that brought beer too, some nice surprises, I wasn't expecting it to start off, but grew gesture guys. To round off the day, I even made a stopover at Dan's, picking up Delirius Trwmens, Zwyiekl beer (guessing a lager) and a Hobgoblin ale. This is going to be one merry Christmas, same to all of you. Catch you all later.

Zywiec?

Very tasty polish lager (also do a baltic porter which is great when you can get one that doesn't taste like metal - without the metal it's lovely).

PS: 3 ppl still had not picked up their's yet but the grain left over was exactly what shouldn't been. The two ppl picking up on Monday have been set aside and John will take care of all the rest.

PS: I think Bum was dripping mischief through his eyes. Maybe first meeting etc etc. Next time he will pull a joker on us ;)

PPS: yep, that's it. I've had the porter before, beautiful stuff. Even my tooheys extra drinking sister liked it a lot. I haven't yet unloaded the car, waiting for it to stop raining.

Thanks PK. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Thanks MLB, Maple & LeBrendo for the split. Special thanks for MLB and Maple for doing the splitting while I was hunting around for the missing Baird's Golden Promise!

best
Kieran

Thanks PK. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Thanks MLB, Maple & LeBrendo for the split. Special thanks for MLB and Maple for doing the splitting while I was hunting around for the missing Baird's Golden Promise!

best
Kieran

Anytime mate...

Thanks for organising this PK, appreciate your efforts mate.
Now have enough grain to last a year I rekon!
Loved the look on the missus face when she saw 100kg of grain in the lounge room, priceless!
cheers

Quick handshake that we'll have to expand on next time (no willies or innuendos involved). Early in the morning + strangers plus brewing nerd types can make that initial transition into conversation difficult. Something about the previous La Vey references coupled with the goatee made me think it was you.

Assumed Bum would be more cheeky though.

For sure. I did sorta grab my shit and go once it was a bit sorted (prolly a bit rude now I think of it), had a wedding to be at, which I was late for anyway :rolleyes:

I just assumed bum hadn't showed up yet as there were no offending opinions being thrown about :lol: Which one were you buddy?

Who were the two there before me? Maple &? Good to meet you both

I'm thinking about starting a brew now with the Pilsner malt, Blonde Ale should be good

I just assumed bum hadn't showed up yet as there were no offending opinions being thrown about :lol: Which one were you buddy?
I'm pretty sure I witnessed the handshake mentioned above. I was black hoodie and mop on top of head.

Ahh cool, you don't look that bad ha ha. Will make a point to say hi next time.

Got a bit lazy and didn't bother to brew, but will start early tomorrow. As least it can rain all it lime now the grains are all safe and sound

Cheers for organizing this, PK. I have now replenished my base ale malt, have some English base malt and some biscuit, thanks to MLB and the Duck splitting with me. Can't wait to use it in a few brews.

Cheers guys. Tasted the grain today. mmmm, yum. Car boot smelt so good. Good on ya Hatchy, hehe.. it can only grow smaller if you brew ;)

btw, with all the festivities in full flow, I totally forgot to do this, but here is an aftershot of it before I left:
L1000052.JPG

5 Pallets on the floor that we cleaned off :) Thanks for being a part of the buy guys and I hope the 3 ppl that weren't there yet got it safely later n the day.
Beer holiday today, I might just get my chilled brew bottled today if I can shake the laziness. Even down to ~4C that I set the beer fridge to, the cube was swollen with the pressure of the gas. I guess it was fermenting slowly even in secondary in a fridge... Glad I waited to get the hydrometer, I had almost thought of bottling before checking FG (smashed my first hydrometer a little while ago). On the plus side, it seems nothing has settled out in secondary, beer was pretty darn clear while racking anyway.

Zebba, I weighed your grain split mate. Anytime you like, just let me know in advance so I'm at home. Your bag and a half is here.

Back