Melbourne Brewers Beerfest entries close Feb 1

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
Easy tiger..they'll have barely finished let alone enter all the data
What so you mean !?! They have only just begun drinking....besides its only a top up from last night lol

Sweet as! Very happy with the results of my first comp. Even managed to place! and 120 in the competitive pale ale category Thanks to the organisers... a tough few days of judging I bet!

Sorry guys - it was a long night followed by a long morning.

Official results are now up on CompMaster

Full Results: here
Summary: here

Scoresheets should become available by Wednesday evening on CompMaster.

Prizes and trophies will either be mailed out or delivered to club meetings as appropriate within the next 6 weeks.

The Big prizes aren't up there yet - hoping to get some new code built tonight. However, the other results were:

Champion Brewer: John Kingston - Westgate Brewers (7 points)

Beer of Show: Haig Jason - Melbourne Brewers (Belgian Pale Ale, 126 points)

Club of Show:

1) Melbourne Brewers (19 Points)
2) Westgate Brewers (15 points)
3) Bayside Brewers (11 points)
4) Worthogs (2 points)

(Note for those who were there: A tie for second place in Meads was announced at the event, however countback results in breaking the tie, changing the point allocations)

A big thank you to everyone who entered, and especially those who got involved, notably:
  • Grand Ridge Brewery for their continued support of the event
  • Our prize sponsors, Brewers Choice, The Brewers Den, Buckley's Beer, Temple Brewing, Grain and Grape, Home Make It, and Keg King, Hop Dealz Australia and Hargreaves Hill
  • All the judges and stewards (especially Bayside for sending down a contingent on Saturday)
  • Richard and Scott, who did a brilliant job of keeping the show running for judges and stewards
  • The Melbourne Brewers Committee, who pulled together all the threads.
Cheers all, and see you again for another great party at Grand Ridge next year.

Andy

moosebeer said:
Sweet as! Very happy with the results of my first comp. Even managed to place! and 120 in the competitive pale ale category Thanks to the organisers... a tough few days of judging I bet!
I was on Pale Ales yesterday - 45 beers... quite a job :)

That said, I was really impressed with the quality of most of the beers.

Cheers!

Andy

Sorry for editing your post Andy - just some slight corrections and additions to sponsors.

Yeah baby...
Westgate did okay
I'm pretty happy with a first for my wit and second for the ris !!
Thanks Melbourne Brewers

fergthebrewer said:
Yeah baby...
Westgate did okay
I'm pretty happy with a first for my wit and second for the ris !!
Thanks Melbourne Brewers
Well done Ferg!

You'll be happy to know I was pushing the Westgate cause last night in our discussions on next years date, and it looks like (despite another Valentines day clash) we will most likely move back to the 2nd weekend in Feb so that you guys are able to come down and join us... so start getting that bus ready :)

Stay tuned for final details!

Andy

Woohoo! My vienna came 1st!
I should point out that I am a Wetsgate Brewer but the results show that I have no club. I don't think it would have changed the final scores but it would have made it much closer.
A big thank you to the Melbourne Brewers for organising the comp and giving me my First ever winner!
I really can't stop smiling right now!

edit - My fault about the no club thing, I forgot to change my compmaster details after I joined Westgate Brewers.

NealK said:
Woohoo! My vienna came 1st!

I really can't stop smiling right now!
Well done, Neal!!

Getting a prize is very good. Getting a winner is another thing altogether. Feels great, eh!! :D

timmi9191 said:
Anyone know what the beers were that topped the speciality category?

I got 6th with a black ipa - not too bad...

1st: Ian Bennet - Black Rye IPA
2nd: Barry Roberts - Baltic Porter with Elderberry
3rd: Grant Morley - Hazelnut Northern Brown Ale

Andy

Back