Melbourne Brewers Beerfest entries close Feb 1

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the online entry it asks for a bottle cap ID. This is my first competition so I'm not sure what to put here. Do I assign my own ID?

Also how does one qualify for the novice brewer award?

can be blank, it may be used to help you

Not a big deal - it's to help with identification in case your entry form or barcode get separated. ID is whatever you have written on the bottle (if anything)

Novice brewer is awarded to the highest scoring brewer who has never placed in a vicbrew sanctioned competition.

Thanks guys! Much appreciated as always

I was a bit too slow to get them in to the fermenters...no entries for me

Submitted a few beers. Very first competition for me, looking forward to getting some feedback from someone who I haven't forced to drink my beers :beer:

Won't know till at least sunday when all have been collected, sorted and registered.

2 entered, not overly hopeful as they are probably a touch out of style guides.. But hay gotta give it a crack :)

There were about 180 entries all up from memory.

I won't give you the exact breakdown at the moment but categories ranged from around 10 to close to 40 with most around 15-20.

manticle said:
categories ranged from around 10 to close to 40 with
40, that's a nice big flight, the judges will certainly be happy after that one

With no IPA cat this year, I wouldn't be surprised if pale got bombed pretty hard,

40 is a hell of a flight, nearly 4.5 hours of solid judging...

Contact Linton, we believe in you :)

Latest posts

Back