McDonalds country specific offerings around the world

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A smarter bloke than I am once said about the McOz burger- "It takes more than a single, paper thin, anemic, bloody pissant piece of beetroot to make a hamburger Australian. If you want a real Australian hamburger, you gotta go to a little Greek cafe. Those are the blokes who make the tastiest stuff."

goomboogo said:
Do they have food? I've only ever used McDonald's as a public toilet.
And the people eating the shit are happy for you to provide. They plumb things differently under those arches.

Maccas, KFC, Hungry Jacks, Chicken Treat, Red Rooster etc etc.

They are all shite.
Do yourself a favour, check out the burger thread.

goomboogo said:
Do they have food? I've only ever used McDonald's as a public toilet.
They are very conveniently located between home and the train station if the urgent need to shit water arises.

Liam_snorkel said:
Yeah but occasionally one wants a burger that isn't real food.

Each to their own and all that but....It's the food equivalent of Carlton cold.

The best thing about McDonald's is, whenever you're travelling overseas and you can't find a public toilet anywhere, Maccas always comes to the rescue.

Black Devil Dog said:
The best thing about McDonald's is, whenever you're travelling overseas and you can't find a public toilet anywhere, Maccas always comes to the rescue.
Good call, I have been guilty of having a McPiss in may cities around the world.

Each to their own and all that but....It's the food equivalent of Carlton cold.

I'm not arguing, it's worse really.

billygoat said:
The mineral water bottling facility near me has a big CUB sign at the front gate.
I worked there when I was at uni. A group of Americans owned it then. I think they were pissed at aussie wages so they sold up.

No one has mentioned royale with cheese. "No, they got the metric system there, they wouldn't know what the **** a Quarter Pounder is."

This thread made me get McDonalds for breakfat (sic).

I had one too many last night. 500ml cans of Budvar are an awesome invention.

Apart from Shannon's Chips in Toowoomba back in the late 70's/early 80's. I rate KFC's chips smothered in the seasoning up there, as far as chips go.

eungaibitter1 said:
A smarter bloke than I am once said about the McOz burger- "It takes more than a single, paper thin, anemic, bloody pissant piece of beetroot to make a hamburger Australian. If you want a real Australian hamburger, you gotta go to a little Greek cafe. Those are the blokes who make the tastiest stuff."
A lot of said Greek hamburger/fish and chip joints are now being run by the Chinese, as the Greek's move up the socio-economic ladder.

Bizier said:
This thread made me get McDonalds for breakfat (sic).

I had one too many last night. 500ml cans of Budvar are an awesome invention.
Kebab.

Nuff said

It was Rodney Rude who said that. Probably anywhere between 20-30 years ago. Can't be sure which tape it was on.

Here's a picture of their traditional Ethiopian happy meal:

Back