McDonalds country specific offerings around the world

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sympathise with a lot of contradicting viewpoints in this thread. But +1 for tap water.

I try my best to avoid big corporations, not because they are always necessarily evil, rather because I would rather support small businesses. McDonalds fits into the former.

I also think their food is overpriced and tastes average compared to what I myself can cook or buy from other outlets - i.e. burger shops.

So for the most part I only find myself eating Maccas when I am in a group either a) traveling or B) drunk (or both) and I don't want to spoil the party.

RE the oil debate, I find it hard to ascertain the exact "healthiness" of different oils. It seems to depend on temperature, what you are cooking, etc. I just use extra virgin olive oil for everything as it seems to get decent write-ups most of the time.

F##k it. I'm not ashamed to say I eat Macca's every now and again. Not saying that I love it, but when you're on the road on the way to a family holiday, it's something that's quick and easy and stinks out the car and leaves me saying "why did I order a medium sized meal?" and "when are they gonna bring back the bloody McOz?".
And there's no arguments with the kids. They love their happy meals and toys.

And when you're overseas at some point you feel like you've had enough of the local food, or you just couldn't be arsed being all worldly and cultural, and you just feel like a bit of Maccas, but then (as John Travolta's character from Pulp Fiction says) "They've got their little differences", like Le Big Mac, or beer. My fave in Thailand is the Samurai Pork Burger. It's pretty good.

And yes I do prefer a cornershop burger over Macca's. But cornershop burgers vary in size and quality. With Macca's you know what you're getting. (pure cowslop.. sometimes it's even hot!)

I wear my flamesuit with the zipper undone.

goomboogo said:
Do they have food? I've only ever used McDonald's as a public toilet.
You worked in the kitchen, yeah?

E

petesbrew said:
F##k it. I'm not ashamed to say I eat Macca's every now and again. Not saying that I love it, but when you're on the road on the way to a family holiday, it's something that's quick and easy and stinks out the car and leaves me saying "why did I order a medium sized meal?" and "when are they gonna bring back the bloody McOz?".
And there's no arguments with the kids. They love their happy meals and toys.

And when you're overseas at some point you feel like you've had enough of the local food, or you just couldn't be arsed being all worldly and cultural, and you just feel like a bit of Maccas, but then (as John Travolta's character from Pulp Fiction says) "They've got their little differences", like Le Big Mac, or beer. My fave in Thailand is the Samurai Pork Burger. It's pretty good.

And yes I do prefer a cornershop burger over Macca's. But cornershop burgers vary in size and quality. With Macca's you know what you're getting. (pure cowslop.. sometimes it's even hot!)

I wear my flamesuit with the zipper undone.
Exactly, Maccas is successful because you get consistency and convenience. You know its not as good as your favourite burgershop, you know its not the healthiest but you know exactly what you are getting. Good consistency and familiarity for the client is good business.

Bribie G said:
People who sneer at Maccas are usually the same people who say "I don't watch Commercial Television or shop at Woolworths and never never eat white bread or drink tap water" etc.
Could never work out why people don't drink tap water. Pay shiteloads for bottled and have your teeth fall out.

Bribie G said:
Compared to a lot of restaurant foods such as Italian and Indian with not a veggie in sight and loaded with fats, burger joints actually provide a lot more nutrients.
You're funny.

EDIT: I should add that your "burger joints" is taken in the context of this thread, and the beginning of your post.
I.e. burger joints = McDonalds.

Last time we were in HK 4.5 years ago, we had Maccas for a change.

After 2 weeks of eating local food, the only time we got crook in the guts was eating it.

About to go again to HK, Macau and if I can convince SWMBO Shenzhen - she and I have sworn 'no Maccas'.

Macau Pork Chop Bun however....

I really do laugh when I see people looking at all the bottled water and trying to work our which one tastes the best....FFS....most of them are just filtered tap water.

I still cant work out why bottled water is more expensive than beer and petrol..

They must buy beer and distill the water out....then sell the last 5% as ethanol for E10

Forever Wort said:
I also think their food is overpriced and tastes average compared to what I myself can cook or buy from other outlets - i.e. burger shops.
There is one exception to this where Maccas always wins. Airports in the morning.

Bacon & Egg Mcmuffin + hash brown + coffee = $7
Bacon & Egg Roll + coffee from anywhere else = $15 and up

Where everything else in airports costs at least twice as much as out in the real world, at least the franchise stores keep their prices consistent. That's about the only time I will eat from there.

Fck maccas, I'm getting Hungry Jacks for lunch. The burgers definitely are better.

Maccas Nuggets with a plain vanilla sundae OR thickshake to dip the nuggets in to, dont knock that shit until you try it.

In Tecoma they'll be serving up a steaming shit sandwich.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I still cant work out why bottled water is more expensive than beer and petrol.
A conspiracy theory fella here at works swears that some large global corporation with the same corporate colours as Coca Cola bought all the water companies - jacked up the price - so that a bottle of water is more expensive than a can of coke.

Thats actually very close to reality. If you look on the label, most have CCA ( Coke-Cola Amital ) as the trademark owner.

South Korea gets a bulgogi burger, Chile gets empanadas, Italy gets olive oil, parmesan, bresalo and pancetta and we get salad and iced coffee.
Aren't we adventurous.

Back