McDonalds country specific offerings around the world

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, looks like the hyperlink missed a bit at he end of mine...

Thanks, looks like the hyperlink didn't like the apostrophe.

I have a Maccas about six times a year, when travelling usually. I love the Angus Burgers but at the end of the day prefer Hungry Jacks.

People who sneer at Maccas are usually the same people who say "I don't watch Commercial Television or shop at Woolworths and never never eat white bread or drink tap water" etc. Compared to a lot of restaurant foods such as Italian and Indian with not a veggie in sight and loaded with fats, burger joints actually provide a lot more nutrients.

Cooking is my major hobby, probably over home brewing, so I always take note of ingredients, nutritional values etc. Problem with Maccas is the over use of sugar and salt and the use of bad fats such as Canola oil.

However, strip away the sauces and the offering of bread, some salad, some dairy, some meat etc in a burger is probably better for you than spag bog or butter chicken or most so called Mexican crap.

treefiddy said:
Edit: NZ gets pavlova! I will continue to not eat McDonalds in protest.

I do that already, (except not in protest so much as self preservation).

...unless I'm drunk.

Bribie G said:
I have a Maccas about six times a year, when travelling usually. I love the Angus Burgers but at the end of the day prefer Hungry Jacks.

Cooking is my major hobby, probably over home brewing, so I always take note of ingredients, nutritional values etc. Problem with Maccas is the over use of sugar and salt and the use of bad fats such as Canola oil.
What's wrong with Canola oil ? Thought it was a healthier alternative to normal vegetable oil
http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/olive-oil-vs-canola-oil.html

Well if you want to use an industrially processed solvent-extracted deodorised chemical fracked out of GMO seeds then that's fine. Don't come crying to me when you get macular degeneration :p

I use home made Ghee, cold pressed coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil. And lard and dripping from contented free range animals.

edit;

canola oil process.png

I think the country specific deal for america right now is Buy one 16 Patty hamburger, recieve free obesity!

Bribie G said:
People who sneer at Maccas are usually the same people who say "I don't watch Commercial Television or shop at Woolworths and never never eat white bread or drink tap water" etc.

Bribie G said:
Well if you want to use an industrially processed solvent-extracted deodorised chemical fracked out of GMO seeds then that's fine. Don't come crying to me when you get macular degeneration :p

I use home made Ghee, cold pressed coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil. And lard and dripping from contented free range animals.

edit;

attachicon.gif
canola oil process.gif
Irony much?

Not really, I prefer natural foods based on a bit of research from a personal health point of view, not on a snobby, "now I've got you you son of a Bogan Slut" point of view.

If you keep things in balance it doesn't harm you to eat the odd Maccas and enjoy it for what it is. Then back to the yummy lard. :beerbang:

Is it possible that some people don't eat at McDonald's because they tried it once and didn't like it?

Bribie G said:
Not really, I prefer natural foods based on a bit of research from a personal health point of view, not on a snobby, "now I've got you you son of a Bogan Slut" point of view.

If you keep things in balance it doesn't harm you to eat the odd Maccas and enjoy it for what it is. Then back to the yummy lard. :beerbang:
I see. But your point of view allows you to shit on other peoples choices in cooking oils. Carry on.

Bribie G said:

People who sneer at Maccas are usually the same people who say "I don't watch Commercial Television or shop at Woolworths and never never eat white bread or drink tap water" etc. Compared to a lot of restaurant foods such as Italian and Indian with not a veggie in sight and loaded with fats, burger joints actually provide a lot more nutrients.
Really? I sneer at them because they make shit burgers that are the size of a small biscuit. I love burgers, what maccas do to them is a travesty. Soggy, sweet bun, uniform overcooked patty, rubbish sauce and shitty lettuce. what's not to sneer at?

HJ is not a lot better. Good fish and chip shop burgers are the go for me (or the place near me that is just burgers and ******* great).

Your stereotypes are wrong. People probably don't eat mcdonalds if they think the food is shit. Some have socio-political reasons. I don't watch much commercial TV but I'm not dogmatic about it, I eat white bread from time to time and drink tap water quite often.

I'm also not called Alistair and I drink CUB products if and when I feel like it. Maccas make shit food that makes me feel ill and I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

Nothing wrong with Beef dripping or Bacon fat they can decoke arteries these days. Now where are my glasses can't see the screen
I fry my eggs in Canola. Maccas in Kuta Bali just has the normal fare nothing Indonesian I think.

On the rare occasion that I eat some Maccas or any of the big fast food offerings, I usually throw away the last few mouthfuls and swear to never eat that shit again.

With the one and only exception...........Red Rooster Classic Roast. No shit, I finish one of those and I've gotta hold myself back from ordering another.

Pumpkin, potato, carrot and peas in a takeaway :icon_drool2:

Latest posts

Back