Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So matho...
do we need to make a list for your controller and associated paraphenalia?
Cheers
F

thanks Arnie, I only found your blog after I started my build, I think your braubushka is awesome. :beerbang:

cheers steve
If you'd like an independent test build of a kit and/or some coding ideas or tweaks send me a pm.

Hi Matho,

Fantastic work you're doing here. *cough* If there's any additional available, could I join the growing queue of people who love your work and want Tyo buy a kit, or controller, to build an automated setup.

Thanks
-CHRIS

PS. If this is all cool, I can transfer you cash when you're going to order the next lot.

I have been making up a box so I can take photos for a how-to instruction manual while I'm waiting for the boards to arrive, here is one of the photos

dc_wiring.JPG

Just a quick note everything in the photo WILL NOT be included in the kit and you will have to source the parts and do the wiring yourself. I will try and make the how-to instructions as easy as possible.

cheers steve

I have been making up a box so I can take photos for a how-to instruction manual while I'm waiting for the boards to arrive, here is one of the photos

View attachment 54613

Just a quick note everything in the photo WILL NOT be included in the kit and you will have to source the parts and do the wiring yourself. I will try and make the how-to instructions as easy as possible.

cheers steve

awwwe look at all the perty coloUrs :p will make following them alot easier. thanx matho

That's looking great, Steve!

I've now got the controller for my original BM on extension leads with waterproof connectors. That way i can sit the controller somewhere more accessible like a bench while brewing and it also makes cleaning easier.

added Bonus is that i can now plug any controller onto the extension leads, meaning the path to hook up your's is Set, already have a Set of spare connectors.

Not sure what number I'm on your list but would be great if i could get One of your 'as complete as they get kits'.

cheers

DSC_0275.JPG

I've now got the controller for my original BM on extension leads with waterproof connectors. That way i can sit the controller somewhere more accessible like a bench while brewing and it also makes cleaning easier.

added Bonus is that i can now plug any controller onto the extension leads, meaning the path to hook up your's is Set, already have a Set of spare connectors.

Not sure what number I'm on your list but would be great if i could get One of your 'as complete as they get kits'.

cheers

Hey Florian,
What waterproof connectors did you use and where did you get them? I want to make the controller separate from the pot as well.
Cheers,
Hosko

cheers

View attachment 54614

hey Florian,

when you mentioned that you wanted to hook up a BM to the brauduino I went on a search for the connector that the BM use. They look like hasting connectors and they are not cheap ($26 each) but now you have done this it doesn't matter. The only issue I can see now is the temperature sensor I'm using a DS18B20 but I don't know what the BM uses, if you can find out I can work out a way to use it for the brauduino or if you can remove it then measure it up and I might be able to help with making up a thermowell to fit the hole.

cheers steve

well the first 10 PCB's arrived today and they look good

SANY1618_1.JPG

now I'll have to finish off the assembly instruction and put one together to see if it works and then PM the first 10 on the list early next week probably

now the fun begins :)

cheers steve

well the first 10 PCB's arrived today and they look good

View attachment 54624

now I'll have to finish off the assembly instruction and put one together to see if it works and then PM the first 10 on the list early next week probably

now the fun begins :)

cheers steve
That looks awesome, matho! (arrived in record time too... my PCBs arrived 15 days from order! And I ordered mine the day after yours.... must have done ours in the same batch or something)

:beerbang: :super:

yeah I'm really happy with how they turned out I'll be putting one together tonight to see how it goes

Hey Matho and Ppp,

the connectors are from jaycar, have taken a few pics Last night.

DSC_0278.JPG
DSC_0281.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0277.JPG
    DSC_0277.JPG
    703 KB · Views: 106
Hate posting on the phone...

here's another of the bottom.

DSC_0276.JPG

And the original BM plugs.
you're right, they look expensive. Thanks for looking into them though.
DSC_0282.JPG

Not sure about the temp Probe yet, will have another look. You basically mean that if they're different, the Probe might Not be able to communicate with the Brauduino?

Not sure about the temp Probe yet, will have another look. You basically mean that if they're different, the Probe might Not be able to communicate with the Brauduino?
Florian,
the problem is not knowing what type it is, if I knew then we could work out how to use it, the other option is to unscrew it from the BM and make up a thermowell that will fit in its place. From the photo's it looks like the temperature sensor has 3 wires is that right?

So I have soldered up a board to see if they are OK and so far so good it took me about 40min (with taking photos) to solder it up here are some of the photos

what you get after soldering up the kit

top1.JPG

bottom1.JPG

it lives

powered_up.JPG

bonjuino meets the brauduino shield :)

bonjuino.JPG

cheers steve

at this rate steve you'll make AHB memeber of the year hands down :kooi: Looks like a very sweet bit of kit.

Hmm a three wire sensor could be many things..

I am betting that it is an RTD

measure the resistance between each wire (three measurements), if it is an RTD then you will have two measurements basically the same possibly near 100 ohm, and one of close to zero

Yep, three wires. Took some close ups, will attempt to take the thing apart Sunday night or Monday to have a closer look.
DSC_0287.JPG
DSC_0285.JPG

Latest posts

Back