Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested too. Need a new project to keep me going, just for beers and giggles... Price is not a major concern, as long as it works :)

Love your work matho!

Cheers

does it do blow over a required reading and under another ie: the sweet spot :p

Hey Matho,

I'm in as well, please.

Will try to hook this thing up to my 20L BM, could do with a few more mash steps and especially hop alarms, but hope to eventually build a 50L or more copy.

Cheers,

Florian

There's a cheap shop near here that sells Chinese stainless pots for not much. Would make very good malt pipes, if not BM clones themselves...

:)

Cheers

steve has done a great job on this unit and I wish I could grab one but with talking with him on my setup and what I want to do it wont work (as I am 3v and want to control 2 vessels or more) and I prob could build one if I put my mind to it but dont have the time or money to go stuffing around with something I may **** up lol. I think every one is very lucky and steve is doing this more for love then profit so if it doesnt work for you I hope you dont expect him to give you your money back. If in doubt ask him he is a great bloke and he will be upfront with you.

I would hate to see this blow up in his face as he has put little to no margin in the prices and has not allowed for the week or months he spent on this so just be thankful some one is willing to do all the hard work and give you a product that you could get (if you had the knowledge) and at a price that would be what you pay for it. So you get the deal and the hard work done for free.

Steve I hope this works out for you mate. Your a good bloke and hate to see anything come back on you as I know you are doing it for the love not money. If or when you come up with something to suit my rig I will gladly pay for it and you can drink as many of my beers when we meet up :p

Cheers Nick, will have a chat at BABBs.

Kelby, I don't think anyone here would chuck a tantrum if they 'lost' $40 in the process, after all we've all been picking matho's brain and leeching of his ideas.

Besides that, I'm sure it'll work out anyway.

I am sure it will, But just letting people know he is not making money off it. If he put his time into it then it would prob be worth $200 a piece. I wish I had that tallent and to give it away for free almost people should be grateful. I am sure alot or all are but you do get the odd few that will screw you over no matter what. I know its happened to me several times, Why I would think twice about doing something like this

thanks for the concern and kind words kelby, I'm hoping everyone that gets one will be happy with it

cheers steve

Matho,
What was the final cost...and what are my chances of getting on board ?
Seems After re-reading your thread , i'm envios and wouldn't mind one..with plans to maybe build a 50 litre jobby ?
If i have missed out...so be it...
BTW..Karma should come in spades to you , for your genorosity...
Cheers
Ferg

Matho,
What was the final cost...and what are my chances of getting on board ?
Seems After re-reading your thread , i'm envios and wouldn't mind one..with plans to maybe build a 50 litre jobby ?
If i have missed out...so be it...
BTW..Karma should come in spades to you , for your genorosity...
Cheers
Ferg

hey ferg,

my plan at the moment is to make 10 up and see how they go, if all is good I'll put an order in for the rest, I don't want anyone to miss out but I also don't want this to take up too much of my time. Once I have made the first 10 and all is good Ill post the PCB deign so anyone can take that design to the PCB manufacturer and get boards made up, I have tried to pick parts that are easy to source so it wouldn't be hard for a group of people to get 10 boards made up and put kits together.
So the plan is make 10 up see how they go then do the rest of the intial demand, the only thing I don't want to be doing is constant orders as this isn't a bussiness for me just a hobby.

cheers

steve

ordered the parts today, I have received 10 white on blue LCD screens and I have ordered 10 ds18b20 sensors. When I get the parts I can check a few things on the board design like clearances and pin alignment and after that Ill be able to order the boards. I have done some design changes to the board I have added two jumpers to select between 5v and 12v control voltages for the relay because I can order the 12v versions but littlebirds electronics only stocks 5v. I am trying to design the board so the parts are easy to get.

brauduino_board.png

cheers steve

Lol, at that price, just buy 1000 anyway! it's only $100. Although shipping would suck. Thanks for the update Matho, can't wait to get this.

yep no worries, I have received some of the parts I have ordered but not the ones i need to check out the board, they should be arriving next week sometime, I have also ordered a SSR and 12v power supply so I can put together a unit and take pictures while im doing it for an assembly instruction to make it easier for ppl.

cheers steve

I don't have a free $150 at the moment, so I won't screw you around putting my name down, but I hope your parts list and instructions are within my ability to put together - absolutely love your work. Cheers

I don't have a free $150 at the moment, so I won't screw you around putting my name down, but I hope your parts list and instructions are within my ability to put together - absolutely love your work. Cheers

thats cool, the plan I have at the moment is to get 10 kits made up and if the PCB turns out OK ill be ordering 50 PCB's which out of that I'll make up 20 kits and offer the rest of the PCB's ( about 30) for sale so that people can make up their own kits. The assembly should be to hard, tools required would be a drill, a file screw drivers, wire striper or similar and of course a soldering iron.

cheers

the rest of the parts turned up today, glad I waited as the part I had concerns about was reversed on the PCB, now that has been sorted and its been checked 100 times I think I'm ready to order the first 10 PCB's, so hopefully not long now

cheers steve

the rest of the parts turned up today, glad I waited as the part I had concerns about was reversed on the PCB, now that has been sorted and its been checked 100 times I think I'm ready to order the first 10 PCB's, so hopefully not long now

cheers steve

Great news Matho!

I'm starting to put together instructions on building a controller and I had put together a connection diagram for use with a 12v pump

View attachment 12v_pump_connection.pdf

I'm just checking does this make sense everyone.

cheers

steve

Latest posts

Back