Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news :) Arduino seems like a pretty good system.

but i have decided to make up an arduino shield for the braumiser that will work with Bonj's Bonjuino or any arduino board and try to write up a program for it

Good choice, a very accessible system, and the code will be much nicer :)
If you get stuck, give us a yell.

PS. I didn't really make it clear, but I think it is amazing how Matho, with his already working brewbot, is doing all.that coding again AND learning a new coding system so we can have one too. <3 Thanks man.

I think ill post my development of the Brauduino in Bonj arduino thread if he doesn't mind as it will be more relevant there.

cheers matho

so it's taken longer than I had hoped but I have finished developing an arduino based controller, I'm planning on putting together a kit for the shield to plug into an arduino to give a convenient way to connect up the pump, SSR, Buttons and buzzer. With the shield all you will need to make a full functioning controller is
an arduino uno compliant board ,a box, four pushbuttons, a 12v supply , SSR and various hardware to complete it.

I have worked out that the shield will cost about $35-$40 , so to make a controller the cost would be around the $150 mark.

now the reason for this post is to gauge interest in the shield before I go ahead and order the parts and PCB, I'm planning on doing a run of 10

here are some photos of the prototype that I have been using to develop the code

SANY1611.JPG

SANY1612.JPG

the PCB in the kit will be professionally made so it will be green like the bonjuino plugged into it.

I have finished the code and I have put more features in it than my first controller, like being able to adjust the number of stages from 1 to 9 so that when you come to set the stages you only see the number that you have selected, also up to 8 hop addition alerts, the pump rest should work better and it looks a bit better on the screen.

cheers steve

I am interested steve. What will you need to do to assemble it and what tools will you need?? As I wouldnt feel comfortable soldering anything but if its just a matter of plugging things in and then hooking wires and making box for it then thats not a problem.

mate, there would be soldering involved, just like a jaycar kit but it isn't complicated and I'm planning on putting together a step by step instructions on it to make it easy to put together. The other tool required would be just to cut and drill the box and wire up the SSR and again I'm hoping on including that in the step by step.

cheers steve

yeah I mean I prob can solder but the one I have prob wont cut it for fine work lol. If I have to buy a decent one then it may blow the cost out and be easier to get a PID, If I can find some one that will lend me one I should be alright.

sent you a PM anyway to talk further into what I want to do as it wont be in the situation you have it in so to speak but cant see it being a problem for what I want.

yeah I mean I prob can solder but the one I have prob wont cut it for fine work lol. If I have to buy a decent one then it may blow the cost out and be easier to get a PID, If I can find some one that will lend me one I should be alright.

sent you a PM anyway to talk further into what I want to do as it wont be in the situation you have it in so to speak but cant see it being a problem for what I want.

I'm sure you know an eleco that could help you out Kelby. If not you can PM me and i can arrange to sort it out for you.

Cheers

yeah just in discussion with steve what my best option is as running it on a 3V. Cheers for the offer plenty of guys on here that sure will help me out, and I am sure steve will help me as much as he can, he is a great bloke. I know I could run it on my setup but I guess its best to future proof it as when I run the 40A line to my shed I would prob like to have a electric HLT as well so will have to think about that to.

cool looks like there is enough interest still for me to start ordering parts, it will hopefully be between 6 to 7 weeks time and I'll have a kit ready

cheers steve

Matho I just had a thought, is it worth getting a deposit for these boards? Just so that you are not left high and dry if someone wants to pull out.

Cheers,

Clint

Matho I just had a thought, is it worth getting a deposit for these boards? Just so that you are not left high and dry if someone wants to pull out.

Cheers,

Clint
yeah I think it would be a PITA to organise so I'll just have to put up the money and hope to sell them, its not a massive amount of money so its not too risky

cheers

matho, thats an awsome lot of work you've got through to get this done. Super impressed, I started the thread so obviuosly I wanted one too, so you can put me down for one also.

I'd like to get hold of a board too Matho.

cheers

Browndog

Latest posts

Back