Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to put together instructions on building a controller and I had put together a connection diagram for use with a 12v pump

View attachment 54257

I'm just checking does this make sense everyone.

cheers

steve
Makes sense to me, matho. Did I spy an order number on that PCB in the pdf?

Hey Steve,

Looks pretty sweet mate, where the wires come off the power supply into the SSR is a bit strange though, how do we wire that up? Looks like we have to split the wire off the 12V DC supply.

Steve,

The wiring all looks good to me mate, can't see any issues.

Cheers

does this one make it clearer

View attachment 12v_pump_connection.pdf

the brown and blue wires connected to the SSR and power supply is 240v ac, I changed the colour of the dc wires to the SSR because there was too much red and black. Maybe I should split the drawing up into connections to the PCB and the AC side of things

cheers

steve

Steve,

The wiring all looks good to me mate, can't see any issues.

Cheers

thanks for that, I'm trying to make it as easy to follow as I can for the no electrical people out there.

cheers steve

Matho,
If there's room on the list I'd love to grab one as well. Due to numerous other partly finished brewing/non- brewing projects I probably won't be much use at testing the first boards but I'd be keen to jump on the second round. If you want, PM me your bank details and I'd be happy to fire through $50 as a deposit/payment.
I'd started developing my own system in Picaxe, but at this price you've now killed all of my enthusiasm to do it myself and probably saved my marriage!!! (I assume that's a good thing??)

Cheers for all your work.
Sam

thanks for that, I'm trying to make it as easy to follow as I can for the no electrical people out there.

cheers steve

I'd say the second drawing is easier to read for the non-electrical minded among us.

Good job Steve

I'd say the second drawing is easier to read for the non-electrical minded among us.

Good job Steve

cool thanks for the feedback thats what I want to know

yep no worries yorg, I have counted 30 so far including yourself. I was planing on ordering 60 PCB's in total but only make up 30 kits, the minimum amount of kits I can make up is 10 because some parts can only be ordered in lots of 10's. If it gets closer to 40 I might make up 40.

cheers steve

Bear in mind matho, that you'll likely get quite a few people drop out when it comes time to part with their cash.

yep no worries yorg, I have counted 30 so far including yourself. I was planing on ordering 60 PCB's in total but only make up 30 kits, the minimum amount of kits I can make up is 10 because some parts can only be ordered in lots of 10's. If it gets closer to 40 I might make up 40.

cheers steve

Count me in to Matho. If you dont get the numbers for 40 a PCB is fine for me I've probably got most of the bits already and can dig up what I dont have.

cheers steve

Brilliant.
I don't check in here that much, but rest assured I am definitely in and ready to fork out for the most complete option - my soldering skills are, eh, rusty.

Nice work all round Matho. I'd be in for one as well, although I'm in no hurry at all, so second round is fine. My clone has been running for about 18 months now on a modified brewtroller. I'd be keen to work with something a little more targetted to single vessel, and something much simpler than the BT system.

cheers, Arnie

@Yorg: as an ex-electronics techie, I can help out with soldering if need be Yorg.

Bear in mind matho, that you'll likely get quite a few people drop out when it comes time to part with their cash.

Steve,

Don't put me down for a unit, but I will go income protection for you! I'll take/buy the first $150 unit that someone fails to cough up for as added protection (No, I won't change my name to Condom Man!) I'll sit it in the shed or worst case I'll try to flog it off later, you may even refer a buyer. I've also got most of the skills but not the time at the moment, but I'm overwhelmed with respect for your piece of work :rolleyes: .

Hey Matho,
Just wondering how long you think it will be before all this stuff is ready to go? I still need to get everything except the two pots,and the STC-1000. I would like to do it all properly, but I might start brewing without the controller to just get a normal recirc mash going and get an idea of the process.

I just got an email saying my 10 PCB's has been shipped so it has taken about 9 days but that was over a weekend and on they day I sent the order the had a public holiday. I'm now have to wait for shipping which I have been told could take up to 20 days. When I get them I'll check them out and if its OK Ill order the rest. Hope this answers your question, I really don't know an exact time.

thanks Arnie, I only found your blog after I started my build, I think your braubushka is awesome. :beerbang:

cheers steve

Hey Steve,
All good mate. It's a ballpark and that's all I really needed.

Cheers,

Clint

Latest posts

Back