Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Luis

That picture sent shivers down my spine! For the sake of a few dollars of cable you have a whole lot of confusion.
I notice that the pump you are switching the neutral. (Assuming the white wires far left and far right go to relay on board.). Switching the neutral is BAD. It means the pump is always live even when off.

But as your power in Brazil is not grounded is it like USA where plug can go either way round? I know USA do have grounded sockets and if that is an option where you are that would be a good idea.

I assume the other white and green in middle connected to the low voltage side of SSR go to the heat output on the board. You said the led on the SSR turns on and off correctly so that sounds like it is ok.

I can see the wiring on the two outputs are IECs but the input I assume is an IEC but can not quite see it well enough to check the pins and if it is correct. Does it have a switch or fuse in that power in socket? I would double check here that you have the pins correct. Remember power in is a socket and power out are plugs so the active and neutral will be on opposite sides so when plugged together they would be connecting correctly.

I would do the checks I mentioned before.

Max, it is a matho board not ArdBir.

James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

James,
Thanks for the help, I will check the wiring today, specially the pump. I followed Mathos wiring diagram for that.
On the heat element, I will do another test as It could have been done wrong. I ordered 110v element but they could have done 220v.
Cheers,
Luis

Hi guys i don't know anything about the controller builds but i do know the power in brasil is 240v not 110v

some pictures of the board

IMG_2279.JPG

IMG_2277.JPG

IMG_2275.JPG

I have done some tests and the relay turns on as soon as I switch the power and it only goes off when I switch the power off.
I have tested the diode and it is working fine.

Even during summer holiday ArdBir team has not stopped design and engineering

we are very proud to announce the reals of a new version of the control board..after the all-in-one the ArdBir NANO a new PCB with “piggy” Arduino NANO MCU

the final result is a ultra compact board, more powerful (more I/O), easy to build and low cost (single side PCB and all trough hole component)

ArdBir%252520NANO.png

what do you think about?

In a few days we are going to deliver CAD file an BoM

enjoy
Davide

Few days..
Just the time to review the CAD file and optimize little bit the current code.
Stay tuned
Davide

PCB of nano ArdBir board just arrived
Time to assemble and test and we come back to you

1443046497129.jpg

anyone want a piece of history? thinking of selling my original brauduino setup, I'm not including the home etched sheild but ill include a braumiser v2.1 PCB, relay and connector (all the other parts can be got from jaycar or ebay).

IMG_0525_zpsjaqvb2nl.jpg

ill also include the topsflo 12v pump I originally planned to use.

IMG_0526_zpsfvbm0k9n.jpg

IMG_0523_zpslm5wggdi.jpg

so to sum up,
thinking of getting rid of the box, 12v power supply. SSR, heatsink, push buttons, all connectors, DS18b20, PCB, relay, ribbon cable connector and trim pot for PCB and a 12v topsflo ts5 15PV pump, thinking about $60 + postage

[SIZE=10.5pt]Nice piece of history (personally I was aware of it and [/SIZE]fascinated) !
[SIZE=10.5pt]In term of HW at the end of the day nothing has really changed , just engineering differently various shield, all in one board or ready to assemble kit, mega or nano….but your prototype is still valid and actual and you can run last version of ArdBir SW[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]What is greatly changed is the SW level in term of feature and functions and also stability. And we are still evolving and adding new things ![/SIZE]

BR

[SIZE=10.5pt]Davide[/SIZE]

matho said:
anyone want a piece of history? thinking of selling my original brauduino setup, I'm not including the home etched sheild but ill include a braumiser v2.1 PCB, relay and connector (all the other parts can be got from jaycar or ebay).

IMG_0523_zpslm5wggdi.jpg

so to sum up,
thinking of getting rid of the box, 12v power supply. SSR, heatsink, push buttons, all connectors, DS18b20, PCB, relay, ribbon cable connector and trim pot for PCB and a 12v topsflo ts5 15PV pump, thinking about $60 + postage
Hi de ho Steve my man :beer:
I've got one running, one still to make, and one of Lael's kits coming :lol:. If no-one takes it within a week I'll buy it, you can't have enough of stuff like this. The only reason I hesitate until next week is because it'd be good too see someone who hasn't got one, or can't afford a new one get it.

Best wishes mate.

matho said:

so to sum up,
Hey, I am interested in this, if available... PM sent. :)

I was keen but it's a bit beyond my skill level atm. I was watching QldKev's youtube vids and got a bit over excited, I think.

Barge said:
I was keen but it's a bit beyond my skill level atm. I was watching QldKev's youtube vids and got a bit over excited, I think.
Some times jumping in with both feet and closed eyes is the only way. 99.9% of the time you will make beer, and better than even chance a good beer. I can't see where you are, but if there is a particular system you like, and someone on here is using one nearby hit em up for a brew day. Then you get to see what you do and don't like about it.

Take a few beers with you to help lubricate the day.

MB

Would if I could. I've got 5 kids here, 3 with special needs. And a missus that barely tolerates brewing as it is. I can barely get a brew on as it is without getting out to someone else's

I'd be buggered without the helpful posts/pics/vids/recipes from you blokes (and presumably sheilas).

I'm liking the look of QldKev's setup. A keggle is probably pushing it but I'm thinking one of the 38L crab cookers from BCF. I've got some big w kettle elements, a grain bag and a ball valve so should be good to throw together a decent 1V system.

One question though. If I'm using the IEC plugs is there any need to earth to the casing/kettle? Shouldn't the earth from the cable to the element be sufficient?

Back