Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fillipo
Your pid settings look rock solid, fantastic job!
Are you familiar with sketchup?
I just use the free version, if the mounting holes for the pub are different you just need to move 4 mounting posts for the shield.
There are only about, 4 boards out there at present I believe, if anyone sends me a dimensioned PDF of your PCB I will upload the appropriate STL to Thingiverse for the case.
If there are requirements for a case, not for the grainfather, happy to modify where the outputs and mountings are.
I have two case designs, one for the mega and one for the uno, the one I am using is for the uno as the mega is longer, the case is about 20mm wider. The Uno is more symmetrical which I like, the mega and uno are interchangeable at this stage anyway.
I don't use relays, just two SSRs, left it going all evening at various temps and boiling, the SSRs are only warm to touch, the heat sinks work even though the case is enclosed. Now to do its first real brew, wish me luck, let the brew day begin.

David - good luck with the Faire preparations, looks like an awesome event. Are you showcasing the Nano unit?

Yes, beginner only! Installed free version on my desktop.

Thanks a lot, tomorrow i will send you the dimensioned PDF of your PCB
(ALL-IN-One).

Please tell me as you want to share by forum or private message?

Best Regards,
Filippo

Oggie said:
David - good luck with the Faire preparations, looks like an awesome event. Are you showcasing the Nano unit?
Thank you will be an amazing event...we wait for more than 100k people and on Friday 20k students

And is also the first time ArdBir team meat physically ..very exited to meet Max , Filippo, Luigi, Savio, Luciano

we will showcase not only NANO...lot of surprise and disruptive news for the community..

Stay tuned

Have you ever seen 1L micro(nano) brewery in action ?

Used to test ArdBir and for live demo but fully working

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTqW2OnCGT0[/media]

Oggie said:
Here is the 3d Print Thingiverse link
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1063665
Hi Oggie
I can share the 3D Sketchup model of the full all-in-one board if you would mind to adapt the case to it and build a full model
contact me for file exchange
Davide

3D%252520top%252520ArdBir.jpg

3D%252520all%252520in%252520one.png

[SIZE=10.5pt]Hi Davide[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]My email address is [email protected] if you want to send me the file, it won't take much to change. It is currently designed for the #3 ArdBir PCB. If you want to send the Nano as well, I'll do them both for you.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Any changes you would like let me know.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]I did my first brew with it yesterday - sweet! The ArdBir makes it so simple, takes the Grainfather to a new level - well done team.[/SIZE]

BTW, how do you post the actual pictures.

Cheers...Oggie
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

a little bit of history for this incerdible project..

demo panel for the Maker Faire

Ardbir%252520story.jpg

Ardbir%25252Bardferm%252520demo%252520panel.jpg

Trying to go from 2.6.70b10 to 2.8.3rc8
Getting "sketch too big" error.
33,486 bytes of a 32kbtye max.

Any ideas of what is wrong? It's not much over, but I seem to recall a large vs. smaller one wire temp sensor lib.

Thanks,
Dave

Compiles now, I see the comment in code @ 1.6.x

Have a USB problem now, but I will try to sort that one out.

Thanks

Is anyone using ArdBir software version 2.8.RC8?
Thoughts on stability and effectiveness?

I've been using it since it was released it is very stable but i have had some issues with the 2*16 screen configuration. When set to English it is fine for the home screen menu settings and during operation, however the configuration menu is a bit scrambled but fine if you use Italian 16*2. I have tried comparing the English to Italian code but i haven't found the solution yet. To set the configuration parameters (PID, temp calibration, etc) I upload the Italian 16*2 config and make my changes then switch back to English.

The no PID in boil is great as is being able to set the boil %.

Please could you to specify the discrepancy found, so will fixed it.
I'm using the ardbir-gf on 2.8.3 base.

It looks like there are too many characters for the screen to display, rather than scroll it displays the first few characters then scrambles the rest

eg: constant kp. Only comes up as constantscramble and you have to guess what value you are setting. It gets worse the further you go through that menu. Hysteresis and windows set are fully scrambled.

cherryphilip said:
It's clear.
first solution: 20x4 lcd instead 16x2 lcd.
Second solutions: I try to fix for you.
I thought this would be the case and it's the reason I haven't been bothered by it.

Back