Mash Instead Of Steeping?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatchor

Reaction score
Hi all,
Quick question hoping for a fairly easy answer......
When using crystal with other base malts, what are the repercussions of mashing with the non-crystal malts instead of steeping the crystal by itself? First couple of forays into grain saw me steep crystal by itself, but my last couple of brew days consisted of me mashing it in with the pale, vienna, munich, Marris (or whatever else I used).

Any benefits to steeping the crystal by itself, or can I make it easier on myself and just mash it in with other grains?

Hatchor :icon_cheers:

Hi all,
Quick question hoping for a fairly easy answer......
When using crystal with other base malts, what are the repercussions of mashing with the non-crystal malts instead of steeping the crystal by itself? First couple of forays into grain saw me steep crystal by itself, but my last couple of brew days consisted of me mashing it in with the pale, vienna, munich, Marris (or whatever else I used).

Any benefits to steeping the crystal by itself, or can I make it easier on myself and just mash it in with other grains?

Hatchor :icon_cheers:

just put it all in together in the mash, no need/benefit in steeping seperately.

Brendo

Latest posts

Back