• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Marga Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bridges

Reaction score
The clean up continues. I have a marga mill to rehome as I upgraded to a mash master with fluted rollers (that's how I roll) I found the marga a bit slow. Does the job though so good for partials etc. 7 plus kgs of grain though was a bit of a stretch or maybe I didn't set it up right. I'll have to re-asssemble the base a bit as I had it mounted on a board. Comes with all the bits, hand crank, Drive shaft to go into a drill, all in good order. I'll try to get a pic together tomorrow if needed.
$30 would see me part with it. "Is he mad?" I hear you saying, well no, just too lazy for ebay and happy for it to find a new home with someone from here.
Cheers.

Where are you mate? Would take it if you're close to GC or can post....

To anybody interested, Marga is a brilliant mill if you straighten out the hand crank, cut it off (or get an engineering shop to do it for about $20) and turn it into a drill bit, then use with a halfway decent variable speed drill.

I've been using my present Marga since about 2010 and it's a cracker, has chewed through hundreds of grists and still as new, knurling is perfect. I wouldn't bother with anything else.

Marga 2.jpg

The cut off handle can be seen poking out of the drill, it lives there permanently and fits perfectly into the slot on the mill with no silly mods required.

Go for it.

I'm in Hurstbridge Vic. Prefer to go local as I couldn't be arsed posting but if no interest in a few days I may look into it BK. Bribie I have a hand crank and had a bit made to go into a drill, best of both worlds! Mine looks the same as yours but no bunnings plumbing dept. hopper I re purposed that with the new mill.

Bridges said:
I'm in Hurstbridge Vic. Prefer to go local as I couldn't be arsed posting but if no interest in a few days I may look into it BK. Bribie I have a hand crank and had a bit made to go into a drill, best of both worlds! Mine looks the same as yours but no bunnings plumbing dept. hopper I re purposed that with the new mill.
No worries mate, totally understand. Obviously happy to pay shipping and all of that if you have no interest (which I'm sure will not be the case). Good luck.

This may yet go tonight (Bloke coming to look at it) for the sake of completeness here it is in all its glory.
20161031_190536.jpg
Bit on top is to put into your drill.
Cheers.

Back