March Pump 809 Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont forget you will need some silicone pipe a few ball valves and fittings and a few quick connects or else it will sit in that garage for a while before you get it going

You bring up something that's I've been wondering about. Does anyone have a list of parts that would be required to hook this up, including hose? Bonus points for links to a supplier :)

On a related note is there such a thing as a 3-way ball-valve? Unlike most on the list (I suspect) I'm not on all-grain yet; my plan for the pump is to us it for generating a fast whirlpool chiller, ala Jamil Zainasheff:

http://www.mrmalty.com/chiller.php

A 3-way valve would be a handy way of flipping from pumping to the whirlpool to pumping to the fermenter. Of course I don't even have the chiller and full-size kettle yet, I'm totally doing this the wrong way around :)

Thanks for the pic pumpy. Will be needing to look at a few of those.

Remember when you are considering setting up using a march pump that they are not self priming and need to be below your hlt to flood the impeller.

On a related note is there such a thing as a 3-way ball-valve? Unlike most on the list (I suspect) I'm not on all-grain yet; my plan for the pump is to us it for generating a fast whirlpool chiller, ala Jamil Zainasheff:

A 3-way valve would be a handy way of flipping from pumping to the whirlpool to pumping to the fermenter. Of course I don't even have the chiller and full-size kettle yet, I'm totally doing this the wrong way around :)

like this?

3_way_Forged_Brass_Ball_Valves.jpg

like this?
Yep, just like that :) Thanks.

I actually noticed the manufacturer's name on the image pumpy posted and was just looking at their catalogue. However I'd still appreciate suggestions on what gauges would be appropriate, where to get appropriate hi-temp hoses and any other tips on setting it up.

Cheers,
Steve

given those prices the 20mtr roll of it i have in the shed was a good find ...

1) Beer4us (definitely)
2) Hockadays (Tentative yes)
3) Steve Smith ( March or peristalic)?
4) Wakkatoo (Tentative yes)
5) Fents (interested)
6) Morrie0069 (Tentative yes)
7) NickB (Pending price and timing)
8) Kram (Pending price and timing)
9) Quantum brewer (Very tentative yes)
10) Larry66 (Pending price)
11) Duff (Keen)
12) Maple (Most probable)
13)jlm (probable)
14) Tourist (interested)
15) RobW (Pending price and timing)
16) Roger Mellie - keen normal caveats apply
17) Head
18) grod5 (Pending price and timing)
19) Haysie (Price)
20) Barramundi (Price dependant)
21) Moray (Price dependant)
22) BouncingCastle (Price dependant)
23) Wally (Pending price)
24) vicelore ( pending price )
25) andytork ( pending price )
26) Jimmyjack (Price and timing)
27) Hewy (pending price)
28) Sunshine_Brewer (pending Price)
29) JeffE (pending price)
30) P & L Brazil (pending price)
31) Gruntus the Flatulant (pending price)
32) Kiwi_Greg (pending price)
33) yardy (interested)
34) Sully (pending price)

Get those from Bunnings roughly $14 for both connections

Any sign of this Karl yet? Been checking every half hour.

The mood is currently receptive with the SWMBO. I've been in sensational form in the husband/handyman stakes latley, but who knows how long this could last? I dont want to miss my window.

C'mon Karl. Can't be that hard to sell 34 pumps.

given those prices the 20mtr roll of it i have in the shed was a good find ...
Barra, Mate, Buddy, Pal, old friend of mine...........
How about two by two metre lengths for an old school buddy.

:icon_chickcheers:

I have the tube from Craftbrewer and have also checked out the G&G stuff.

Although decent quality in its own right, the G&G tube seems a bit thinner walled and kinda wimpy in comparison.

Noted. It seemed pretty thick to me, but I'll measure up the wall thickness tonight.

Barra, Mate, Buddy, Pal, old friend of mine...........
How about two by two metre lengths for an old school buddy.

:icon_chickcheers:

could happen mate when i get things sorted ill let you attack the left overs ...
gotta get our little yeast thing happenin soon too , might even have to get together for a brew session ...

C'mon Karl. Can't be that hard to sell 34 pumps.
34 is not too bad at all. Who knows how many more we'll get?
Am I the only one who does bad enough puns to suggest a change of title to the 'Million Man March' pump bulk buy?
<_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back