March Mag Drive Pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yer i tried all that. I actually siphoned the water throught the pump into a bucket, and when the flow began i switched on the pump. Looked for signs of pumping by lifting the outlet hose higher than the inlet, but still no sign of pumping. Just a rattling noise.

vlbaby.

hmm - that's no good. Once you've sorted this problem you will love it though.

The pump part (as opposed to the motor) comes apart pretty easily and there's not much in there anyway, maybe something has dislodged itself. Just watch the thin O ring seal goes back in the right spot when you screw it back together - it was a bit fiddly for me (spud farmers fingers)

I have had an airlock in mine once - but that was pretty easy to clear.

vlbaby said:
yer i tried all that. I actually siphoned the water throught the pump into a bucket, and when the flow began i switched on the pump. Looked for signs of pumping by lifting the outlet hose higher than the inlet, but still no sign of pumping. Just a rattling noise.

vlbaby.
[post="56010"][/post]​

just by chance - u dont have the hose that u put in the buket conected to the inlet side of the pump....

Might be worth checking....

vlbaby said:
so i hooked up some fittings, primed it up and switched it on. Got NOTHING. Just sits there and rattles. Double checked i had the flow direction ok, and it was properly primed, but still nothing.
Needless to say I'll be taking it right back. :angry:

vlbaby
[post="55998"][/post]​

vlbaby,
Even if they are not primed properly they still do not rattle, or at least mine doesn't anyway!
Sounds as tho you may have got a faulty unit.
As Goat said you will love it when it is working OK. :)

Cheers

Latest posts

Back