Macquarie Hotel Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go there quite a lot.
They usually have 1-2 of their beers on in the front bar. The rest are in the back/brewery bar.
The reason I think they don't have more than that in the front bar, is because they are setup to run the front bar off kegs.
The back bar runs off the bright/serving tanks.
At lunch time there is usually someone in the back bar to serve anyway. Recently I haven't had any probs getting served in the back/brewery bar at lunch time.

Doc

I'd be there in a flash today, but I'm picking up a new PC for my dad in Ultimo.
I'll be popping in next week to finalise details for the judging day, and to put in one or two entries.

I go there quite a lot.
They usually have 1-2 of their beers on in the front bar. The rest are in the back/brewery bar.
The reason I think they don't have more than that in the front bar, is because they are setup to run the front bar off kegs.
The back bar runs off the bright/serving tanks.
At lunch time there is usually someone in the back bar to serve anyway. Recently I haven't had any probs getting served in the back/brewery bar at lunch time.

Doc
If you ever want anything from the back bar and no-one's there, the front bar staff are always happy to go out and get it for you.
edit: dropping off my entries this week.

I'll probably be up there on friday lunch dropping off a mate's entries. If anyone wants to catch up That'd be great.

I'll probably be up there on friday lunch dropping off a mate's entries. If anyone wants to catch up That'd be great.
bump.
Heading up there today at 12:30 if anyone wants to catch up.

I have to be in Petersham at 1.00 to meet someone, but a beer is far more tempting.

No worries, got a couple of workmates coming as well.
Back Bar of course.

Just Doc, PoMo, Matho & myself.
Good to catch up with Matho by chance, as we used to work together.

Disappointed to see the wheat wasn't on tap today.

Just Doc, PoMo, Matho & myself.
Good to catch up with Matho by chance, as we used to work together.

Disappointed to see the wheat wasn't on tap today.
`
They put a keg of Barons Black Wattleseed ale just after you left.

Sorry, I had to do the coffee with friend in petersham. I have been drinking the blackwattle of late, they have really balanced those beers out over the last few years.

Any AHB'rs going down to the Mac tonight ? We will probably pop in for a quick one between venues. Look for a tall bloke wearing a brown leather jacket drinking with a guy that looks like a cross between Jesus, Charles Manson & John Lennon. I'm the former of the two.

Around 8pm.

Dropped in for lunch today. They have a nice nice Schwartz Cider on tap in the front bar & LC Bright Ale on tap in the back bar. Overheard that they may be temporarily be taking the Secret Squirel off due to the hot weather. Worth a visit IMO.

Aha,
We must of been there at just about the same time.

Cider was great. A very sessionable drop.

Were we there at the same time beers? I was in a white Sierra Nevada t-shirt

Aha,

shall we book in a catch up drink for next week?

Aha,

Too funny. I actually overheard the brewer guy mentioning it to you about taking the SS off tap, I believe.. I was standing right behind you :) I probably have you to thank for chasing some service for the back bar hey? <_< :lol:

Yes I enjoyed a schooner of the cider too. Nicely balanced & quaffable I thought.. I wonder where it's made?

Too funny. I actually overheard the brewer guy mentioning it to you about taking the SS off tap, I believe.. I was standing right behind you :) I probably have you to thank for chasing some service for the back bar hey? <_< :lol:

Yes I enjoyed a schooner of the cider too. Nicely balanced & quaffable I thought.. I wonder where it's made?

LOL :icon_cheers: I remember you. I was worried I was holding you up being served by me talking Drew's ear off.

I assumed he brewed the cider, but I didn't get the chance to ask.

shall we book in a catch up drink for next week?

Good idea Pete.

Any day is good for me. Only meetings I have at this stage is Thursday arvo.
Feel free to pick whatever is good for you, and I no doubt will be able to make it.

Have a good weekend.

Josh

Back