Macquarie Hotel Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm, I believe I owe Sam a beer. :ph34r:

edit: BTW, always great to catch up with you guys. The Wild Wheat was fantastic! Up there with the Diggers Salute, I reckon.

Hows about that pilsner we got to try. Now that is some great aroma.
I can still taste passion fruit.

Great beers, great conversation, and a top chat to the brewers.

All round top lunch.
Josh

Nice to meet everybody .Very enjoyable all round.
I will keep an eye out for next time.

Thanks to Sam for the hospitality.

Regards

Graeme

The beers are all great atm. I personally loved the direction the Dark has taken. Much drier and more quaffable than before, but still complex and interesting. Also great was the new Pils. Can't wait till that makes it to the bar! Cheers Drew for the tasters!

While I was there, I had a chat with Sam about something we discussed a few weeks ago: A Schwartz Brewery homebrew comp**. Without revealing or spoiling too much (look for a post in the Competition forum next week), the theme will be along the lines of warming winter beers. Get your thinking caps on. The beers will be judged by a panel of professional brewers from Sydney and surrounds. The winner gets to brew a ~500L batch with Sam and Drew in the Schwartz Brewery and the winning beer will be served at the Macquarie Hotel and possibly other venues!!!

** this is just a spoiler, wait for the official announcement before getting too excited :) Don't ask for details until the comp is formally launched. Just whetting your appetites ;)

** this is just a spoiler, wait for the official announcement before getting too excited :) Don't ask for details until the comp is formally launched. Just whetting your appetites ;)

Too late, I'm already excited!

Great to see everyone at luchtime.
I was the last standing with Drew and Sam.

That sounds awesome Rob. Sam and Drew are excited too. I'm in.

Doc

Postmodern and I are heading up to the Macca again for lunch today.
Will be there from 12:30pm, in the back brewery bar.

Beers,
Doc

Bastards .. bastards bastards! I'll have a pint of hot wort currently coming out of the run-off ....

Scotty

edit: one too many exclamation marks ...

I'd love to go... but all hell is breaking loose around here. :(

I am working at home(and brewing) in Mt Victoria today, otherwise I would have been in.

Regards

Graeme

Ill be dropping off my entries for the winter warmers comp today

So I might as well squeeze in a beer at the same time.
If anyone is in the area, and feels like a drink, lll be in the brewery bar
about 12.15

Josh
(In the green jumper)

Went to the Macquarie a few weeks ago and the beers were pretty good. The thing I find odd is that the house beers are only available in a separate bar out the back where nobody is serving. The brewery is the only reason I'd go there, why don't they push those beers up front and encourage people to try them?

Ill be dropping off my entries for the winter warmers comp today

So I might as well squeeze in a beer at the same time.
If anyone is in the area, and feels like a drink, lll be in the brewery bar about 12.15

Not in the city today, otherwise I'd be in.
Dropping my entries off next week.

Beers,
Doc

Went to the Macquarie a few weeks ago and the beers were pretty good. The thing I find odd is that the house beers are only available in a separate bar out the back where nobody is serving. The brewery is the only reason I'd go there, why don't they push those beers up front and encourage people to try them?

I utterly, utterly agree.
I think a brewpub's produce should be its flagship and positioned/advertised accordingly.

Back