Macquarie Hotel Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just stirring re no one coming to say hi - completely understand re life, kids etc. Been there and done that. Perhaps next time I am up I will give a little more notice.

It is always interesting to note how beer changes over time. I have been a long time fan and supporter of Coopers and also the Lord Nelson - their beers have undergone all sorts of changes over the years and I must say it has been a privilege to have been a part of it and a witness and drinker to it.

Doc hope you are better!

Hey Paul, sounds like the visit wasn't wasted. Would have been there myself, but I spent Mon/Tues layed up in bed trying to knock out a bug. Panedine Forte is a great thing.
I also missed the monthly Hills Brewers Guild meeting :angry:
Feeling pretty good now, and have a Whiskey tasting at work tomorrow night so all good :beerbang:

Doc

Doc - I hope you didn't have too much fun knocking one out in bed whilst a fellow AHBer was at the pub. :eek:

Just got home from another fine event at the Macca. Met up with a former AHB poster formerly of Qld and currently from WA... I don't think I have to name and shame him, but I will :) Good to meet you in person, Pat.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for a beer at lunch or after work tomorrow and you don't mind the flavour of fresh APA made with fresh Cascade hops, get down there. The Pale is the best I have ever tasted it. Awesome cascade presence. Makes LCPA taste like megalager. :)

Also in fine condition was the always-good Shwartz. The second and improved batch of the Bavarian Red is up too.

Anyway, if anyone is keen for a Friday beer, post back here and I might be persuaded to pop over again!

I was intending on having a lunchtime beer over there.
Ill be there 12.15 12.30ish for an hour or so.

If you are there come say hi,
..... btw i would be easy to spot I have a blue t shirt on that says 'i am the stig' on the front of it... can't miss.

I have some work commitments up to lunch, and a flexible arvo so will try and make it over for a couple.

Doc

Great beers.

Good to meet you Doc and Keith for a couple over lunch.

The pale ale is vastly better than the first one i tried and i also really enjoyed the bavarian red.

Thanks for the good beers and the good conversations....I learnt a fair bit over an hour.

Cheers
Josh

Was just up at the Macquarie for lunch. Our work has chosen it for "the" place for farewells at the moment.

Enjoyed a wheat, and was pleased to see the Digger's Salute is still on tap, so had that too. A very nice beer indeed.
Back to work... :p

Enjoyed a wheat, and was pleased to see the Digger's Salute is still on tap, so had that too. A very nice beer indeed.

Hmmmm, didn't know that was still on offer.
I think I might have to duck up there on Friday lunch and have a quiet couple.

If anyone else is interested, post back.

Josh

Great!

Will be good to catch up again.

I normally hit lunch at 12, but i have flexible hours so can break at any other time if that does not suit.

Josh

Was just up at the Macquarie for lunch. Our work has chosen it for "the" place for farewells at the moment.

Back to work... :p

I was there on Friday night and the barmaid said that the round of Diggers' Salute I bought were the last schooners from the last keg. Took a phone photo and everything :D So, there's another keg! I might be tempted to pop in for a Friday liquid lunch seeing it's still going.

It's the last keg of the diggers, but sam said today that she is brewing another batch of it.

what is this diggers' salute thing?
a belgian beer in honour of the anzacs fallen in the ardennes?

The 'bar staff' said they were out of it on the night of the crawl when we got there....

hmm 6 am start on friday.....out by 1 pm.....might be able to pop in

Bump.
Heading up to Mac today around 12:15-ish
Anyone keen, I'll see ya there.
:beer:

I woulda done, but I'm home sick today. Throat infection from hell. I was really looking forward to another glass of the Diggers :(

Latest posts

Back